Zell unter Aichelberg
Zell unter Aichelberg
|• Mayor||Werner Link|
|• Total||6.39 km2 (2.47 sq mi)|
|Elevation||384 m (1,260 ft)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Fossils from the Black Jurassic Jura can be seen in the Urweltmuseum in Holzmaden. The community is part of the 1979 excavation formed reserve fossils Holzmaden. North of the partial local Pliensbach flows the eponymous Pliensbach which joins the Butzbach. This flows in Uhingen in the Fils. Other, smaller watercourses, are the Giesbach and the Zellerbach.
The municipality consists of the village Zell unter Aichelberg, the hamlet Pliensbach and the homestead Erlenwasen.
- 639 ha total area
- 67 ha = 10.5% forest area
- 397 ha = 62.1% farm land area
- 6 ha = 1.0% water area
- 5 ha = 0.8% recreation area
- 103 ha = 16.1% building area
- 56 ha = 8.8% transportation area
- 4 ha = 0.6% other area
According to data from Statistical office Baden-Württemberg, 2014.
- 1108: First mention of the place as Castellum Cella (controversial). Other sources mention as first mention the entry map of Cella near Kirchheim in a gift book from 1140 from the Reichenbach Priory (Baden-Württemberg) in the Black Forest.
- 1466 Zell falls to Göppingen and so became temporarily in the possession of the Dukes of Bavaria.
- 1475: Zell belongs to Württemberg again.
- September 1519: In the conflicts between Ulrich, Duke of Württemberg and the Swabian League, the place was heavily affected. Troops of the Swabian League devastated 57 buildings in Zell 57 and 14 in Pliensbach.
- 1628: The plague reaches Zell
- 1810: Reorganization: Zell is allocated to Oberamt Kirchheim.
- July 1878: Separation of Aichelberg
- April 1, 1933: Eckwälden is separated and combined with the municipality Boll.
- 1938: Zell falls to the administrative district Göppingen.
- 2008: Zell celebrates its 900 anniversary.
Around two-thirds of the population are evangelical, about one third is Catholic.
The population 1837-2010:
- Date Population
- 1837 721
- 1907 970
- May 17, 1939 661
- September 13, 1950 1,007
- May 27, 1970 1,434
- December 31, 1983 2,176
- December 31, 2005 2,973
- December 31, 2010 3,028
- 1938-1945: C.E. Hoyler
- 1945-1948: Various Temporary Administrators
- 1948-1955: P. H. Flechtner
- 1955-1987: Gerhard Schwegler
- Since 1987: Werner Link
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms of Zell unter Aichelberg is: Under golden, with a horizontal black deer rack occupied shield main in red an armored golden left-arm. Emblem and flag were presented on February 19, 1959 by the Stuttgart Ministry of the Interior. The flag colors of the place are yellow-red.
Economy and infrastructureEdit
Facilities such as the community hall, the fire station, the primary and secondary school and the cemetery are centrally located.
To the local road network the municipality is connected by street 1214/1215 and the Kreisstraße 1421. The Autobahn exit Aichelberg at the Bundesautobahn 8 is 3 km from the municipality center.
The Margarete Ostheimer company manufactures handmade wooden figures and animals that are sold worldwide.
The primary and secondary school Zell unter Aichelberg has around 300 students and 20 teachers.
In the center is the Martin church with frescoes dating back to 1400. The namesake of the church is Martin of Tours. The present church is in its essential parts from the year 1386. By numerous efforts of the municipality and the population, Zell achieved 1994 the first place in the competition Our village is beautiful. A therefrom arisen Landmark is the Schäferbrunnen located in the town center opposite the town hall.
In the town hall there is a permanent exhibition of paintings of the painter Margret Hofheinz-Döring, who lived in Zell from 1974-1993.
Southwest of the municipality is located parallel to the country road L1214 a perry pears trail. The 500 m long path was built in the years 1998 to 2003, and shows various most pear varieties.
The TSG Zell - founded in 1949 - is the biggest club with about 600 members and includes the departments singing, gymnastics, fistball, chess and football. The table tennis club Zell unter Aichelberg (TTV Zell) has some 180 members.
The most important festivals include the in the district Pliensbach held Fischerfest and the in July held fountain party. The each November held Remember our Youth Festival, an indoor rock festival with regularly over 600 visitors and performances by international bands and artists.
People from the townEdit
- Leonhard Dürr (died 1538 in Roggenburg), abbot in Adelberg monastery.
- Friedrich Benjamin Osiander (1759-1822), physician, pioneer in the field of surgical obstetrics.
Personalities who have worked locallyEdit
- Margret Hofheinz-Döring, (1910-1994), painter and artist, lived from 1974 to 1993 in Zell unter Aichelberg. She was honored in 1990 by planting a lime tree.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- Das Land Baden-Württemberg. Amtliche Beschreibung nach Kreisen und Gemeinden. Band III: Regierungsbezirk Stuttgart, Regionalverband Mittlerer Neckar. Kohlhammer Verlag, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-004758-2. S. 287–288
- Statistisches Landesamt, Fläche seit 1988 nach tatsächlicher Nutzung für Zell unter Aichelberg.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)