YourMechanic is a privately held startup company based in Mountain View, California. The company provides mobile car repair and maintenance services to car owners at their location (home or office). The company currently operates in over 700 cities within 50+ major metro areas in the United States. Services are performed by certified mechanics.
Type of site
Mountain View, California,
|Key people||Anthony Rodio (CEO)|
John Wall (CTO)
Rajat Agarwal (VP of Engineering)
The company has raised $32 million to date, most recently with $24 million provided by SoftBank Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Data Point Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, SAIC, Verizon Ventures, American Family Insurance, PG Ventures, Promus Ventures, and Silicon Valley Bank.
Most mechanics are certified by National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and some are certified by similar organizations and/or have dealer or factory training. A new customer can review mechanics’ certifications during the booking process in addition to experience, work history, jobs completed for other car owners, fees paid by other car owners, and customers ratings and reviews. Mechanics undergo background checks and other screenings.
In 2012, Art Agrawal (Co-founder) and Dongyi Liao (CTO) founded YourMechanic.
In September 2012, the company raised $1.8 million in seed funding from venture firms and investors including Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Crunch Fund, Promus Ventures, Greylock Partners, DFJ, Lerer Ventures, PG Ventures, Ashton Kutcher, Jawed Karim, Dave Gilboa, Justin Waldron, Joshua Schachter, Hector Hulian, Paige Craig, Mark Friedgan, Alex Goldstein, Sam Angus, Kevin Freedman, Jeremy Wenokur and Rob Wang.
In March 2016, the company announced $24 million in funding, bringing its total funding to $32 million.
Current CEO and President, Anthony Rodio joined YourMechanic at the end of 2016, leading a shift in the company's culture, operational strategy and management. Today, YourMechanic is the largest mobile auto technician service provider enabling vehicle repairs, maintenance and inspection for consumers, commercial fleets, and mobility disrupters. 
- Kokalitcheva, Kia (February 1, 2016). "Why This Startup for Car Repair House Calls Chose to Grow Slowly". Fortune. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- Naughton, Nora (February 15, 2016). "Competition in the palm of your customer's hands". Automotive News. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- Temple, James and Evangelista, Benny (September 11, 2012).“Mayor declares Innovation Month in San Francisco”. San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Mitroff, Sarah (September 13, 2012). "A $2M Deal for Mechanics on Wheels". Wired. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- "Contact Us". YourMechanic. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- Lawler, Ryan (December 17, 2013). “YourMechanic Launches An iPhone App To Connect You With A Mechanic While On The Go“. TechCrunch. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Samuels, Diana (September 11, 2012). “Startup YourMechanic is a car mechanic that makes house calls”. Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Versical, Dave (September 2, 2019). "YourMechanic CEO: 'Hardest job,' but worth it". Automotive News (magazine). Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Taub, Eric (October 29, 2015). "Car Repairs a Click Away, Without the Fuss and Bother". The New York Times. Retrieved March 7, 2017.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Krasny, Jill (September 14, 2012). "This On-Demand Car Repair Site Could Disrupt The Factory Model". Business Insider. Retrieved March 7, 2017.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "YourMechanic, le service de garagistes à la demande, lève 24 millions de dollars". Les Échos (in French). March 4, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- Meyer, Zlati (July 14, 2015). "Mechanics make house calls? In metro Detroit, yes". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved March 7, 2017.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "Scaling start-up success: YourMechanic CEO Anthony Rodio looks to drive growth in the auto services industry". San Mateo Daily Journal. December 29, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- Velazco, Chris (September 12, 2012). "And The Winner Of TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2012 Is… YourMechanic!". TechCrunch.
- "YourMechanic: Koľko investujete do auta za 10 rokov?". Pravda (in Slovak). June 21, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2017.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)