Women 2.0 is a global network and social platform for aspiring and current female founders of technology ventures. It was founded in April 2006 and primarily provides an incubator for ideas program for engineers, designers, business, and marketing participants who want to launch and develop their own high-technology ventures.
Founded by Shaherose Charania, Angie Chang, and Shivani Sopory, the group organizes workshops and events aimed at helping female entrepreneurs. It aims to increase the number of female entrepreneurs starting high-growth ventures through access to resources, network, and knowledge. Around 80 percent of the network's members are women who are involved in startups. The organization received a round of funding from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation in October 2011.
Women 2.0 offers a five-week program that involve twenty participants. Members of the team work together to produce five viable products and develop a problem hypothesis. After it is validated and a basic prototype has been created, the team applies to incubators such as Astia, TechStars, Springboard, and YCombinator, among others. There is also an annual business plan competition that culminates in a Pitch Night, where finalists present their plan before a panel of judges.
in 2015 they started giving out awards.
- "Meet the female tech pioneers" StartUp Smart, July 2011
- "Women 2.0 has new leadership, and is launching a tech recruiting service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- Coleman, Susan; Robb, Alicia (2012). A Rising Tide: Financing Strategies for Women-Owned Firms. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press. p. 153. ISBN 9780804773058.
- "Flashback - Shaherose Charania and Angie Chang, Women 2.0 - The BusinessMakers Radio Show".
- Schomer, Stephanie. "Angie Chang and Shaherose Charania, founders of Women 2.0" Fast Company. March 23, 2010.
- Glazer, Emily. "Making Strides at Start-Ups" Wall Street Journal Online. July 5, 2011
- Walsh, Robert (2009-12-08). The Web Startup Success Guide. New York: Apress. pp. 132. ISBN 9781430219859.
- Stange, Mary Zeiss; Oyster, Carol K.; Sloan, Jane E. (2013-01-09). The Multimedia Encyclopedia of Women in Today's World. SAGE Publications. ISBN 9781452270371.
- Le Kry, Uyen."Empowering Women Entrepreneurs: Angie Chang of Women 2.0" ALIST. August 07, 2012
- Kolodny, Lora. "Women 2.0 Spins Out, Expands Founder Labs Program To New York " Techcrunch. March 22, 2011
- "And the Winners of the Women 2.0 Awards Are..." Women 2.0. 2015-02-14. Retrieved 2018-11-13.