|• Mayor||Matthias Ruckh|
|• Total||7.12 km2 (2.75 sq mi)|
|Elevation||371 m (1,217 ft)|
|• Density||890/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||ES, NT|
Wolfschlugen was first mentioned in documents on April 2, 1318 when a local named Benz from Kirchheim unter Teck sold some products of his farm in Wolfschlugen. It is however commonly assumed that people have settled there long before. A strong indication is provided by the close presence of the Waldhauser Schloss, an old Latin estate in a forest nearby Wolfschlugen.
- 1380 the town became official by a declaration of Eberhard II, Count of Württemberg.
- 1603 the Protestant church was reconstructed and obtained the shape which still can be seen today.
- 1608/09 construction of the town hall by the builders Michel Knell and Jerg Mercklin.
- 1776 construction of the first school.
- 1866 foundation of the voluntary fire department.
- 1899 first telegraph office.
- 1903 foundation of the music society.
- 1906 first telephone connection.
- 1914 first electrical lights on the streets.
- 1938 Wolfschlugen became a member of the district of Nürtingen.
- 1970 dedication of the festival hall and the sports field.
- 1973 in case of the liquidation of the district of Nürtingen the municipality became a member of the district of Esslingen.
- 1993 dedication of the new sports hall.
Number of residentsEdit
The numbers of inhabitants are census results (¹) or official data from statistical office, Stuttgart.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Wolfschlugen.|
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
|This Esslingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|