Wipf and Stock
|Founder||John Wipf and Jon Stock|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Eugene, Oregon|
|Distribution||Ingram, Baker & Taylor (US); Morning Star Publishing (Australia); Bertrams, Gardners Books (Europe); KCBS (Korea)|
|Publication types||books, academic journals|
|Nonfiction topics||theology, biblical studies, history and philosophy|
|Imprints||Wipf & Stock, Cascade Books, Pickwick Publications, Resource Publications, Slant, Front Porch Republic Books|
Wipf and Stock was established in 1995 following a joint venture between John Wipf of the Archives Bookshop in Pasadena, California, and Jon Stock of Windows Booksellers in Eugene, Oregon. The company publishes new works and reprints under the imprints Wipf & Stock, Cascade Books, Pickwick Publications, Resource Publications, Slant, and Front Porch Republic Books.
The publishing focus of Wipf & Stock is broad, with books in biblical studies, theology, ethics, church history, linguistics, history, classics, philosophy, preaching, and church ministry. The authors are many and have differing backgrounds; they include John Howard Yoder, an American Mennonite theologian, Michael A. Milton, an American Presbyterian minister and theologian, and Paul Poulton, a British singer-songwriter and writer.
- "Distributors". Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Wipf and Stock Academic Reprints in Old English Studies". Old English Newsletter – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 1 April 2005. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Russo, Ed (15 October 2002). "Partners go for bookish change". The Register Guard. Retrieved 13 September 2012 – via Questia Online Library.
- Bjordstad, Randi (18 March 2012). "Eugene rabbi offers a modern rendering of Moses". The Register Guard. Retrieved 13 September 2012 – via Questia Online Library.
- "Our Story".
- "Heartland Presbytery (PCA)". PCA Historical Center. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- "Chancellor's Biography". Reformed Theological Seminary. Retrieved 2012-03-04.