|Admin. region||Central Franconia|
|District||Neustadt a.d.Aisch-Bad Windsheim|
|• Erster Bürgermeister||Werner Friedrich (CSU)|
|• Total||7.69 km2 (2.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||348 m (1,142 ft)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Wilhelmsdorf was established by Huguenots. The village was named after the sovereign ruler George William, Margrave of Brandenburg-Bayreuth, who refuged them. The Huguenot tradition is still a part of the village history. Sermons in the local Lutheran church were held in French until around 1900.
In the 19th century Wilhelmsdorf was well known for their stocking-weavers. In 1903 the first compass factory was established. In the 20th century several competing compass factories were located at Wilhelmsdorf. Now Wilhelmsdorf has a compass museum.
Wilhelmsdorf should not be mistaken for Wilhermsdorf, a village 15 km away.
The municipal council has 12 members:
(last municipal election on 3 March 2002)