Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anatomy/Open Tasks
|This talk page is automatically archived by Lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 365 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Below is a list of tasks posted by different editors. Tasks can be updated or discussed. Tasks are automatically archived if they are unedited for more than a year.
- Improve and update existing articles (lists of articles needing improvement)
- Example missing articles: Wikipedia:Requested articles/list of missing anatomy
- Reduce the number of stubs
Apart from what is already there in anatomy atlases, variations are something that should be aware of. I encourage those who are interested or have background knowledge to help expand the articles in this area. I believe this is a huge area we can expand. Note that it is not always necessary to create a new article to explain an anatomical variation. Varied features of normal anatomical structures can be added to the heading 'structure' under new subheading 'variations'. (See WP:MEDMOS#Anatomy) It can be based on cadaveric studies, case reports or meta-analyses. Please visit Illustrated Encyclopedia of Human Anatomic Variation for a more complete list.
- Coordinator: --Athikhun (talk) 03:38, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Goal: Expand the area of anatomical variation
- Expand the list (list of anatomical variations) and the articles linked form there.
- Add subheading 'variations' to the heading 'structure' to explain any structure that shows varied features and possibly its clinical significance. (See pancreas or extensor indicis as examples)
- Create new articles explaining variations which specific term is given. (See extensor medii proprius or extensor indicis et medii communis)
- Intended duration: Some months
- Done juncturae tendinum, extensor indicis muscle, extensor medii proprius muscle, extensor indicis et medii communis muscle, sternalis muscle, palmaris profundus muscle, Linburg-Comstock syndrome tensor vastus intermedius muscle, radial artery --Athikhun.suw (talk) 04:34, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
- Done, vaginal anomalies, vagina Barbara (WVS) ✐ ✉ 13:15, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- Done foramen tympanicum --Athikhun.suw (talk) 04:48, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
Improve Open TasksEdit
I aim to improve the experience here at "open tasks".
- Coordinator --Tom (LT) (talk) 09:41, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
- Intended duration to mid 2018
- Done Move to talk page for ease of archiving
- Done Add auto archive
- Done Update archives
- Done Post on WP talk page
- Done Update existing tasks
- Not done Explore possibility of semi-filled task appearing when "add topic" is added. (too time intensive to find out how, may revist if further editors use this page)
Nerve tracts are arranged and written in a confusing and technical manner. I aim to improve their coverage, layout and organisation.