WikiProject Fraternities and Sororities
WikiProject Fraternities and Sororities is a WikiProject dedicated to improving articles related to fraternities and sororities, in addition to associated umbrella organizations. Discussion concerning the project should be held on the project's talk page.
The Watchlist... is intended to list all notable groups.
How you can help
- Write articles! Review the Watchlist for missing articles - a Red link shows you where a group's article is missing, either because it has not yet been written or it had been written, poorly, and was deleted.
- If a group is missing, add it! Follow these naming rules, and where a name is ambiguous, offer a unique name.
- Improve existing articles: edit for clarity and more 'neutral' language, to remove "promotional" or "Peacock" wording, and add valid reference citations.
- You can review other Good articles, listed below, as examples and templates.
- Where missing, offer Fair Use scans of crests (add a note to the Talk page, with a link, if you don't know how to upload). Add citations: to university websites, to larger newspapers and magazines, or to books. Fill in or add an Infobox. Add a list of chapters.
- Always, follow these rules to ensure notability.
- Watch for Fraternity articles that get tagged as "Articles listed for deletion", and vote as you see fit. These debates generally last 1 to 2 weeks.
- Follow Recent Changes... to Project articles to look for vandalism, or to learn what other editors are doing.
Good and Featured Content
Articles which have been nominated for featured or good article status, and peer reviews are below.
Listed below are articles which are currently undergoing deletion discussions:
List of Tasks
Below is a list of tasks which are related to maintaining WikiProject Fraternities and Sororities:
- Grade/rank articles with the project's new grading and ranking scheme.
- Create/use categories of pages according to project tags; see Category:WikiProject Scouting articles for an example of how the category system should end up.
- Tag stub articles with the appropriate stub tag.
- Become aware of POV, subtle vandalism, outdated, and general ignorance issues; especially concerning purposes, nicknames, and chapter names and locations.
Below are similar or related projects:
With your help, our WikiProject can grow. Below are suggestions of how you can help.
- If you are or not a member of a fraternity or sorority and are just stopping by, feel free to peruse articles by copyediting for typos, bias, or grammatical errors.
- Please make sure all information added is properly sourced, verified, and has a neutral point of view.
- Do not delete material (controversial or not) for your fraternity or sorority, because Wikipedia is not censored.
Add your name to project participants here. You are welcome to add a userbox below on your userpage. If you are a member of a fraternity or a sorority, your organization's userbox should be found here.
- Userbox for participants of this project. The picture in the userbox is the classic Greek emblem of the project.
- Userbox for participants of this project. The picture in the userbox is the (tongue-in-cheek) infamous Red Cup of "Soda Pop."
- Userbox for participants of this project. The picture in the userbox is the classic Greek emblem of the project. This includes extra project links.