Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Pharos
I have been an editor since September, and have made many edits in a number of areas. I have always tried to be NPOV, and have never strayed from civil conduct. I would like admin status mostly to help fight vandalism, which disturbs me no end.--Pharos 01:35, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Over 2000 edits, talk page looks good, great vandalism fighting history (some of which can't be seen since page move vandal redirects have been deleted), always courteous on talk pages. Two thumbs up from me. CryptoDerk 02:26, Mar 12, 2005 (UTC)
- Looks very good to me. Rje 03:27, Mar 12, 2005 (UTC)
- Valiant vandal vanquisher. Vote: Vupp... erm... support. Grutness|hello? 05:23, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- This looks like adminship material to me. David Cannon 10:40, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Meets my standards for granting adminship. Carrp | Talk 15:30, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Why not? Smoddy (t) (e) (g) 19:16, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I've been following Pharos' trail of stellar articles related to New York City long enough to know that I should support for adminship. Good luck! --Howrealisreal 23:48, 12 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Pharos is civil, willing to discuss and listen to other views, cares about supplying references for edits and reading other people's, always cares about accuracy, and would be a very trustworthy admin. SlimVirgin 04:26, Mar 13, 2005 (UTC)
- Ryan! | Talk 23:47, Mar 13, 2005 (UTC)
- Looks good. - Mustafaa 06:03, 14 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- His talk page indicates he works well with others, and he was courteous in his communication with me. Strong support. Jonathunder 23:39, 2005 Mar 14 (UTC)
- Good luck. Jordi·✆ 09:34, 15 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Definitely. --Lst27 (talk) 20:15, 15 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Taco Deposit | Talk-o to Taco 01:09, Mar 16, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Tim Rhymeless (Er...let's shimmy) 07:51, 16 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Looks like another good admin on his way. Mel Etitis (Μελ Ετητης) 11:48, 16 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Doing useful things --Henrygb 11:59, 16 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Support. jni 07:17, 17 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Support strongly. Pharos is a shining example of adminship and its candidacy. (Sorry, pun intended.) -- Hadal 06:16, 18 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Support. -- Hoary 07:38, 2005 Mar 18 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Andrew Lenahan - Starblind 16:09, Mar 18, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Jayjg (talk) 20:36, 18 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. I would most like to help fight vandalism, the constant assault of which is what prompted me to seek adminship. I would also help in other admin duties.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to Wikipedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and will deal with it in the future?
- A. I have always tried to engage in reasoned discussion, as I think this is the best mechanism for dealing with debate and controversy. I have never taken editing discussions personally, and have tried to respond amicably the few times that others have.