The town hall in Werdau
|• Mayor||Sören Kristensen (Unabhängige Liste)|
|• Total||65.60 km2 (25.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||334 m (1,096 ft)|
|• Density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||Z, GC, HOT, WDA|
In 1905, the city held a contest for the design of a new town hall (see right), as the old one built in 1727 had become too small. The tower and floorplan of one design was combined with the façade of another, and ground was broken for construction on August 1, 1908. It was inaugurated on April 26, 1911, with Frederick Augustus III of Saxony in attendance.
- Media related to Werdau at Wikimedia Commons
- "Bevölkerung des Freistaates Sachsen nach Gemeinden am 31. Dezember 2019". Statistisches Landesamt des Freistaates Sachsen (in German). July 2020.
- One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Werdau". Encyclopædia Britannica. 28 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Griesbacher, Thomas. "Werdau". Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Town Hall" (in German). Werdau.de. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
|This Zwickau location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|