Weddin Shire is a local government area in the Central West region of New South Wales, Australia. The shire's major town is Grenfell and it also includes the small towns of Caragabal, Greenethorpe and Quandialla.
New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|• Density||1.0745/km2 (2.783/sq mi)|
|Area||3,410 km2 (1,316.6 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Mark Liebich (Unaligned)|
Current composition and election methodEdit
Weddin Shire Council is composed of nine Councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The mayor is elected by the Councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 10 September 2016, and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
The current Council, elected in 2016, in order of election, is:
Weddin Shire has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Weddin (A)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18". Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 27 March 2019. Estimated resident population (ERP) at 30 June 2018.
- "Weddin Shire Council". Division of Local Government. Retrieved 12 November 2006.
- "Weddin Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 17 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Councillors". Council. Weddin Shire Council. 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Iandra Homestead Pastoral Estate". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. H01723. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Grenfell Railway Station". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. H01155. Retrieved 18 May 2018.