Wanzhou Wuqiao Airport
Wanzhou Wuqiao Airport (IATA: WXN, ICAO: ZUWX) is an airport serving Wanzhou District of Chongqing, China. It is located 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from the centre of Wanzhou. The airport was opened on 29 May 2003.
Wanzhou Wuqiao International Airport
|Location||Wanzhou District, Chongqing|
|Elevation AMSL||569 m / 1,867 ft|
|Wanzhou Wuqiao Airport|
Wanzhou was formerly served by the military Liangping Airport. Its runway was too short for civil use, but the plan to extend it was abandoned. Instead, the new Wuqiao Airport was built by cutting into mountains and filling bottomlands. It has a runway that is 2400 meters long and 45 meters wide (class 4C), capable of operating Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 airplanes.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- 2015年民航机场吞吐量排名 (XLS) (in Chinese). CAAC. 2016-03-31.
- 万州机场简介 [About Wanzhou Airport] (in Chinese). Wanzhou Airport. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Airport information for WXN at Great Circle Mapper.
- 东海航空 2019 夏秋航季国内、国际航班时刻表 (PDF) (in Chinese). Donghai Airlines. 2019-03-28. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 重庆万州机场改扩建后可起降中远程客机-中国民航网. CAAC News (in Chinese). 2019-04-22.
- "JC Cambodia International new routes in June/July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- 济南直飞重庆万州航线首航 飞行时间约两小时 (in Chinese). Sina Shandong.
- Zhang, Xuefang (张雪芳) (2019-03-26). 西藏航空夏航季新增18条航线 (in Chinese). people.com.cn. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Airport information for Wanzhou Wuqiao Airport at Transport Search website.