|• Mayor||Elvira Oberle (SPD)|
|• Total||2.18 km2 (0.84 sq mi)|
|Elevation||142 m (466 ft)|
|• Density||91/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The village is located in the southern Palatinate between Karlsruhe and Landau. Since 1972 the community has belonged to the Kandel municipal association, whose administrative headquarters is in the town of Kandel.
In 2007, 50% of the population was Protestant and 24.8% Catholic. The remainder belonged to a different religion or none.
The council consists of seven council members, including the Mayor. It was elected in municipal elections on June 13, 2004. Elvira Oberle (SPD) has been Mayor of since 1991.
Coat of armsEdit
The blazon of the arms is: In red a slanting silver plowblade.
It was approved in 1931 by the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior and goes back to a common judicial seal of and Niederotterbach from the year 1581.