|• Mayor||Heiko Bäuerlein (CSU)|
|• Total||60.19 km2 (23.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||203 m (666 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The town was founded in 906 AD.
Arts and cultureEdit
Volkach's main tourist attraction is its annual wine festival.
Located outside the town but inside the municipal territory is the late-Gothic pilgrimage church Maria im Weingarten with a Madonna by Tilman Riemenschneider. It was stolen in 1962 but later recovered.
Sons and daughters of the placeEdit
- 1945–1948: Josef Michael Erb
- 1948–1970: Georg Berz
- 1970–1990: Friedrich Ruß
- 1990–2002: Karl Andreas Schlier
- 2002–2020: Peter Kornell, reelected in 2008 and 2014
- since 2020: Heiko Bäuerlein
Connected to VolkachEdit
- Friedrich Funk (1900-1963), politician (CSU), farmer and member of the Bundestag 1949–1963, lived until his death in the village
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volkach.|
|This Kitzingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|