VodafoneZiggo Group Holding B.V. is a joint venture between Liberty Global and Vodafone, announced in February 2016, approved by the European Commission in August 2016, completed in December 2016.
|Founded||31 December 2016|
|Jeroen Hoencamp (CEO)|
- In 1995, Libertel was founded.
- In 1995, BelCompany was also founded.
- In 1999, Libertel went public (as Libertel NV, renamed to Vodafone Libertel NV in 2000).
- In 2003, Vodafone Group acquired Vodafone Libertel NV, and in 2007 changed business type from NV to BV, forming Vodafone Libertel BV.
- In 2004, mITE Systems B.V. was founded.
- In 2011, Vodafone Libertel bought BelCompany.
- In 2012, Vodafone Libertel acquired Telespectrum Telecommunicatie B.V.
- In 2015, Vodafone Libertel acquired mITE Systems B.V.
- In December 2016, Vodafone Libertel B.V. became a subsidiary of VodafoneZiggo.
- In 1970, Casema was founded (cable television provider, later including internet and telephone services over cable).
- In 1984, Multikabel was founded (cable television provider, later including internet service over cable).
- In 1996, @Home Network was founded (internet service provider), later known as Essent Kabelcom.
- In 1998, UPC Nederland was founded. (cable and internet service provider).
- Warburg Pincus and Cinven bought Multikabel in 2005, and Casema and @Home in 2006.
- In 2008, Ziggo was created by merging Casema, Multikabel, and @Home.
- In 2012, Ziggo went public on (as Ziggo NV).
- In 2014, Liberty Global acquired Ziggo (now Ziggo Holding B.V).
- In 2015, Ziggo merged with UPC Nederland.
- In December 2016, Ziggo Holding B.V became a subsidiary of VodafoneZiggo.
Subsidiaries of Ziggo NVEdit
From their annual report of 2013:
- Zesko B.V.
- Ziggo Bond Company Holding B.V.
- Ziggo Bond Company B.V.
- Amsterdamse Beheer- en Consultingmaatschappij B.V.
- Torenspits II B.V.
- Ziggo B.V.
- Ziggo Netwerk B.V.
- Esprit Telecom B.V.
- Breezz Nederland B.V.
- Ziggo Netwerk II B.V.
- ZUM B.V. (50%)
- ZUMB B.V. (50%)
- HBO Nederland Coöperatief U.A (50%)
- Alex Scroxton (February 16, 2016). "Vodafone and Liberty Global to merge in Netherlands". Computer Weekly. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- Andrew Trotman, Kate Palmer (February 16, 2016). "Vodafone and Liberty Global announce Dutch tie-up". The Telegraph. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- "Liberty Global and Vodafone to merge their Dutch operations". Vodafone. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Vodafone, Liberty Global welcome merger clearance". Advanced Television. August 4, 2016. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- Avery, Greg; Harden, Mark (December 31, 2016). "Liberty Global Completes $3.7B Netherlands Joint-Venture Deal With Vodafone". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- "Liberty Global and Vodafone complete Dutch joint venture, creating a fully-converged national communications operator" (PDF). VodafoneZiggo. 31 December 2016.
- "Liberty Global and Vodafone complete Dutch JV". markets.ft.com. Financial Times. 3 January 2017. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Liberty Global and Vodafone complete Dutch joint venture, creating a fully-converged national communications operator". www.vodafone.com. 31 December 2016. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "VodafoneZiggo Group Holding B.V." Company.Info (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Hoofdkantoor mITE Systems B.V.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Multikabel verkocht aan investeerder". Algemeen Dagblad. 6 October 2005. Archived from the original on 2013-08-02. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Multikabel verkocht aan investeerder | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl". www.nu.nl. 6 October 2005. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Ziggo N.V. | Annual Report 2013" (PDF). March 5, 2014.