Virtual Museum of Canada
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) is a Canadian national virtual museum. VMC has a directory of over 3,000 Canadian heritage institutions and a database of over 600 virtual exhibits,
Logo of the Virtual Museum of Canada, a Canadian Heritage initiative.
The VMC includes virtual exhibits, educational resources for teachers, and over 900,000 images. The resources areavailable in both French and English. The content on the VMC is created by Canadian museums, and is administered by the Canadian Museum of History
In February 2014, the Federal Government announced its intention to transfer the Virtual Museum of Canada and the Online Works of Reference to the Canadian Museum of History. Bill C-31, an Act to implement certain provisions of the budget and other measures, has received Royal Assent confirming that the Canadian Museum of History will assume responsibility for these two programs.
The VMC Investment Programs invest in Canadian museums to create online exhibitions. The Virtual Exhibits Investment Program is geared to medium- to large-sized institutions. The other offering is the Community Memories Program, which is an investment program designed for smaller Canadian community museums, to allow them to create online exhibits about their history.
- "Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC)". museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2013-10-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Artefacts Canada - Humanities - Find Resources - Canadian Heritage Information Network".
- "Virtual Exhibit Investment Program". vmc.historymuseum.ca.
- Network, Canadian Heritage Information; Network, Canadian Heritage Information (8 September 2017). "Canadian Heritage Information Network". aem.
Media related to Virtual Museum of Canada at Wikimedia Commons