Vertebrate zoology is the biological discipline that consists of the study of Vertebrate animals, i.e., animals with a backbone, such as fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. The University of California, Berkeley has a Vertebrate Zoology section where a research was done.
This subdivision of zoology has many further subdivisions, including:
- Ichthyology - the study of fishes.
- Mammalogy - the study of mammals.
- Ornithology - the study of birds.
- Herpetology - the study of reptiles.
- Batrachology - the study of amphibians.
These divisions are sometimes further divided into more specific specialties.