Verdiem was a software corporation based in Seattle, Washington. Verdiem is offered by Avolin. The company was backed by venture capital. Verdiem produces the Surveyor 6 enterprise-class PC power management software. Verdiem Surveyor enables customers to centrally control and reduce the energy used by PCs, Macs, and network devices running Cisco EnergyWise without impacting end users. Nearly 700 corporations, government agencies and universities have deployed Surveyor on over 2 million devices.
|John Scumniotales (CEO)|
Surveyor is Verdiem’s enterprise class PC Power Management software. The product allows the central administration of power management settings for networked PCs. Intelligent policies maximize energy savings by placing machines into a lower power states without interfering with end-user productivity, desktop maintenance or upgrades. More recent releases include a Sustainability Dashboard.
Verdiem announced the Surveyor 6 Spring Edition on March 6, 2012, which allows companies to "more accurately track and manage energy consumption and costs across international boundaries, rates, and currencies"
There are number of case studies showing varying amounts of success in energy reduction, including:
A Salix report contrasted similar sized (3,500) PowerMAN and Verdiem projects at the University of Sussex and the University of the West of England with payback periods of 0.5 and 2.5 years respectively.
- "Verdiem Corporation HQ".[dead link]
- "Verdiem Powers Up $8.33 Million in Funding". The New York Times. 2007-07-13.
- Engleman, Eric (2008-04-24). "Verdiem scores $12 million in funding".
- "Microsoft, others propose power diet for computers".
- "Surveyor Product Overview" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-11-29.
- "'Edison' can help you save PC energy use". Archived from the original on 2008-11-16.
- "Verdiem Surveyor Overview" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Verdiem Adds Sustainability Dashboard to Power Management Software".
- "IT Energy Management Leader Verdiem Expands International Energy Rate Coverage for Global Businesses with Surveyor 6 Spring Edition".
- "Salix Finance Energy Efficient ICT Workshop" (PDF).
- "Verdiem Helps Cadbury Go From Purple to Green, Reducing Energy Consumption by Over 30 Percent".
- "City of Boston Dials Down PC Energy Consumption By Nearly 45 Percent".
- "Environment, Energy & Parks Technology Initiatives". Archived from the original on May 7, 2011.
- "Verdiem Gives PCs at National Institutes of Health (NIH) Energy Rx With SURVEYOR".[permanent dead link]