Vangjel Çërrava (born 1941 in Korçë) is a former Albanian politician of the Albanian Party of Labour (PPSh). He was member of the Albanian Parliament, Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Albania, and for a short time member of the Politburo of the Party.
Çërrava, who initially carried over functions in the economic sector, became in 1978 a representative in the People's Assembly (Alb: Kuvendi Popullor). He remained on this function during the ninth to the eleventh legislative terms which ended in 1991 with the fall of communism in Albania.
In addition, during the 9th Congress of the Party in November 1986, he was elected candidate-member of the Politburo of the Party of Labour of Albania. Çërrava became member in July 1990. He held this position until the dissolution of the PPSh and the establishment of the Albanian Socialist Party (Alb: Partia Socialiste e Shqipërisë) in June 1991.
In 1993, a special court was established in Tirana against Çërrava and nine other former high-ranking officials (Muho Asllani, Besnik Bekteshi, Foto Çami, Hajredin Çeliku, Lenka Çuko, Llambi Gegprifti, Qirjako Mihali, Pali Miska, and Prokop Murra). They were accused of "abuse of public funds". The following sentences were given: Mihali and Gegprifti eight years each, Miska and Çuko seven years each, Çami, Çeliku and Bekteshi six years each, and Çërrava, Murra and Asllani five years each. All were released shortly-after the turmoils of 1997.
- [permanent dead link] - Republika e Shqipërisë KUVEND. Tiranë 2005
- Albania Today (Ausgabe zum Tode von Enver Hoxha, Nr. 2 (81)/1985) (PDF-Datei; 7,60 MB)
- 3 3. Kabinett Çarçani
- "Louis Zanga: A Major Government Reshuffle in Albania (13 February 1989)". Archived from the original on 2012-09-08. Retrieved 2015-06-14.
- "UA 435/93 - Albania: legal concern: Muho Asllani, Besnik Bekteshi, Foto Cami, Hajredin Celiku, Vangjel Cerrava, Lenka Cuko, Llambi Gegprifti, Qirjako Mihali, Pali Miska, Prokop Murra". Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- Fred Abrahams: Human rights in post-communist Albania,Human Rights Watch/Helsinki, S. 36, ISBN 1564321606, 1996
- Kathleen Imholz: CAN ALBANIA BREAK THE CHAIN? THE 1993-94 TRIALS OF FORMER HIGH COMMUNIST OFFICIALS