Van Don International Airport
Van Don International Airport or Ha Long Airport (Vietnamese: Sân bay quốc tế Vân Đồn) (IATA: VDO, ICAO: VVVD), is an airport in Vân Đồn District, Quảng Ninh Province, Vietnam, home to World Heritage Ha Long Bay. It is located about 50 km (31 mi) away from Hạ Long and 20 km (12 mi) from Cẩm Phả.
Van Don International Airport
Sân bay Quốc tế Vân Đồn
|Operator||Van Don Investment and Development JSC|
Northern Airports Authority
|Location||Vân Đồn, Quảng Ninh|
According to Decision No 1296 / QD-TTg approving the Prime Minister's Plan 19/07/2009; Decision 21 / QD-TTg Approving the Transport Ministerial Decision 2020-2030 08/01/2009 and Decision 576 / QD-BGTVT Approving the planning of Quang Ninh airport 16/03/2012, Van Don airport built with standard grade 4E, military airfield level II; Acting as domestic airport to receive international flights; shared civil and military.
Currently, according to the announcement of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the meeting with the leaders of Quang Ninh province in early February 2014, the adjustment of the planning of Quang Ninh airport into an international airport was approved. The Ministry of Transport is assigned to complete the planning adjustment procedures and submit them to the Prime Minister for approval; Quang Ninh People's Committee accelerates investment, soon put Van Don International Airport into operation.
Vân Đồn is the first airport in Vietnam to be developed under a build–operate–transfer format with its payback period expected to be 45 years. Construction on the airport commenced in 2015. The 3-phase project has an estimated total budget of 7.5 trillion VND (US$330 million). Upon completion of all three phases in 2030, the airport will be capable of handling 5 million passengers per year.
On December 30th, 2018, the airport is opened for operations, with a flight from Hanoi by Vietnam Airlines. Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc was present on the flight and pressed the button to formally open the airport for airline operations.
Facilities and infrastructureEdit
Located on the coast of Quảng Ninh, Van Don International Airport covers an area of 325 ha (800 acres) and contains one single runway:
- Runway 03/21: 3,600 m × 45 m (11,811 ft × 148 ft) with a 300 m x 300 m (984.3 ft x 984.3 ft) runway safety area
Van Don is building one passenger terminal capable of handling 2.5 million passengers and 10,000 cargo tons per year The terminal has an area of almost 27,000 m2 (290,000 sq ft). It is equipped with 4 jet bridges (1 Code E and 3 Code C), 4 baggage carousels, 8 security gates and 31 check-in counters.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Bamboo Airways||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Vietnam Airlines|| Ho Chi Minh City,|
|VietJet Air||Ho Chi Minh City|
- Minh Cương. "Cảng hàng không quốc tế Vân Đồn đón chuyến bay đầu tiên". VNExpress.net (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Van Don int'l airport to be operational in 2018's Q2". News VietNamNet. VIETNAMNET Bridge. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "QUYẾT ĐỊNH VỀ VIỆC PHÊ DUYỆT QUY HOẠCH CẢNG HÀNG KHÔNG QUẢNG NINH GIAI ĐOẠN ĐẾN NĂM 2020 VÀ ĐỊNH HƯỚNG ĐẾN NĂM 2030". Thư viện pháp luật. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Sân bay Vân Đồn chính thức đi vào hoạt động". Zing News. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Van Don International Airport - Brochure" (PDF). vdia.com.vn. Van Don International Airport. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Donghai Airlines schedules new SE Asia routes in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- https://news.zing.vn/vietnam-airlines-mo-duong-bay-tphcm-van-don-post897624.html. Missing or empty
- Vietnam Financial Times. 7 June 2019 http://thoibaotaichinhvietnam.vn/pages/xa-hoi/2019-06-06/san-bay-van-don-don-chuyen-bay-dau-tien-den-tu-han-quoc-72349.aspx.
|last=(help); Missing or empty
- "Ha Long - Van Don expressway from height - Quang Ninh Newspaper". english.baoquangninh.com.vn.
- VnExpress. "Vietnam delays opening of $1 billion Ha Long Bay expressways - VnExpress International".