The Valley Hospital
|The Valley Hospital|
|Location||223 N. Van Dien Ave, |
Ridgewood, NJ, US
In 2015, Valley recorded 46,967 admissions, 74,185 emergency department visits and 3,384 births.
The Valley Hospital is part of Valley Health System, which also includes Valley Home Care and Valley Medical Group.
Services available at The Valley Hospital include:
- The Valley Heart and Vascular Institute
- The Bolger Emergency Department
- The Blumenthal Cancer Center
- The Total Joint Replacement Center
- The Valley Hospital Breast Center
- The Center for Childbirth (including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine services
- Pediatrics (including a pediatric emergency room and developmental pediatrics)
- The Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- The Same-Day Services Center
- The Valley Fertility Center
- The Center For Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- The Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery
- The Center for Sleep Medicine
- The Gamma Knife Center
- Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
Main Hospital Campus (223 North Van Dien Ave., Ridgewood)Edit
The Valley Hospital’s main campus houses the hospital’s inpatient medical/surgical services and emergency department, as well as cardiovascular, orthopedic, oncology, mother/baby and neurology services.
Luckow Pavilion (1 Valley Health Plaza, Paramus)Edit
The Robert and Audrey Luckow Pavilion is home to the George R. Jaqua Same Day Services Center, the Daniel and Gloria Blumenthal Cancer Center, the Valley Hospital Fertility Center and the Valley Health Pharmacy.
Kraft Center (15 Essex Road, Paramus)Edit
Support offices for The Valley Hospital, Valley Home Care and Valley Medical Group, as well as the department of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, are located at The Dorothy B. Kraft Center.
Kireker Center for Child Development (505 Goffle Road, Ridgewood)Edit
The Center for Child Development offers care for children with special needs, including developmental pediatrics, rehabilitation therapy, audiology services, feeding therapy, autism programs and more.
555 Route 17 South, ParamusEdit
The Valley Hospital Health and Fitness Center, Sports Institute and Mobile Intensive Care Unit are located at a satellite office on Route 17 South in Paramus, N.J.
In December 2014, Valley announced its affiliation with the Mount Sinai Health System. The academic partnership brings new research opportunities to Valley, with the goal of enhancing the hospital’s clinical services and attracting leading physicians. Both institutions will remain independent.
In April 2015, Valley announced its affiliation with Cleveland Clinic's Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute. Through this affiliation, Valley has become a member of the Cleveland Clinic Cardiovascular Specialty Network. Both institutions will share best practices in cardiac care, coordinate care, and develop programs to improve quality of care and patient safety.
Valley is the recipient of numerous awards and distinctions, making it one of the most honored healthcare organizations in New Jersey. Recognitions include Healthgrades 5-star ratings in various specialties; an "A" for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group; and a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures distinction from The Joint Commission, among others.
The hospital is acquiring properties for expansion. A proposal to nearly double the size of the hospital has been rejected twice by Ridgewood's planning board, leading the hospital to ask a court to intervene.
Hospital rating dataEdit
The HealthGrades website contains the clinical quality data for the Valley Hospital, as of 2017. For this rating section three different types of data from HealthGrades are presented: clinical quality ratings for thirty-five inpatient conditions and procedures, thirteen patient safety indicators and the percentage of patients giving the hospital as a 9 or 10 (the two highest possible ratings).
For inpatient conditions and procedures, there are three possible ratings: worse than expected, as expected, better than expected. For this hospital the data for this category is:
- Worse than expected - 2
- As expected - 19
- Better than expected - 14
For patient safety indicators, there are the same three possible ratings. For this hospital safety indicators were rated as:
- Worse than expected - 2
- As expected - 5
- Better than expected - 6
Percentage of patients rating this hospital as a 9 or 10 - 77% Percentage of patients who on average rank hospitals as a 9 or 10 - 69%
- "Valley Hospital". The Valley Hospital. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "The Robert and Audrey Luckow Pavilion". Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- "Contact Us". Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- "Kireker Center for Child Development". Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- "Directions to the Health and Fitness Center". Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- Layton, Mary Jo (December 19, 2014). "Valley Health System adds partnership with Mount Sinai". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Special Announcement from Valley Health System & Cleveland Clinic - Valley Health System". www.valleyhealth.com. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- "Award-Winning Care". Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Curran Kleinman, Maureen (June 16, 2008). "The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ, Announces Historic $30 Million Gift". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- Coutros, Evonne (June 16, 2008). "Valley Hospital gets $30 million gift". The Record. Archived from the original on June 20, 2008. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Valley Hospital - Ridgewood, NJ | Healthgrades". www.healthgrades.com. Retrieved 2019-05-24.