Valcambi is a precious metals refining company located in Balerna, Switzerland, and a company of Rajesh Exports Limited. Valcambi is owned by European Gold Refineries, which is owned by Global Gold Refineries AG, which in turn is 95% owned by REL Singapore PTE Ltd. and 5% by Rajesh Exports Limited India. Valcambi is thus 100% controlled by Rajesh Exports, the parent company of REL Singapore.
|Valori & Cambi|
|Founded||Balerna, Switzerland (May 15, 1961 )|
Number of employees
They refine gold, silver, platinum and palladium into various forms including cast and minted bars, rounds, coins, and other semi-finished casting products. It is among the world's largest precious metals refiners, and refines more gold than any other. Additionally, the company provides precious metals assay, transportation, and storage services.
The company was formed on May 15, 1961 as Valori & Cambi by a group of 5 Swiss businessmen/entrepreneurs from Mendrisio. The name was changed to Valcambi on June 30, 1967. In 1967, Credit Suisse bought 50% of the Valcambi refinery, followed by the purchase of another 30% stake in 1968. The remaining 20% was purchased in 1980, giving Credit Suisse 100% control of the firm.
- "Swiss Gold Refineries and the sale of Valcambi - Ronan Manly". Ronan Manly. 2015-07-31. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "The World's largest Precious Metals Refineries - Inside BullionStar". Inside BullionStar. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "2003 US SEC Form 10-K for Newmont Mining Corporation". Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "European Gold Refineries, company register, Canton of Ticino". 2003-10-12. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "India's Rajesh Exports Acquires Newmont's Swiss Gold Refiner". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-12-09.