My recent edits were to restore a page that had been reduced to a redirect, and splitting the content so that the republican primary had it's own page. No vandalism intended. Thank you for your time. 2001:569:FACB:DA00:698E:E2EC:3693:3492 (talk) 18:30, 4 February 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|Thank You! Neomorph Xenomorph 08:59, 15 December 2019 (UTC)|
Reverting edit without explainingEdit
- Hello Sudha Ramakrishnan, spelling and missing references. Regards --Serols (talk) 18:10, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
I was just wondering why you reverted my edit on the page of the Awujale of Ijebuland just now. I was in the process of including sourced information from other Wikipedia articles when you did so. Including it would give the page context, which is always important when dealing with things that lay people might have difficulty understanding.
I'll wait twenty-four hours for a response. If there are no objections from you, I will then restore my edits.
Kind regards and happy holidays.
- Hello O.ominirabluejack, please use only short headlines. Regards --Serols (talk) 12:36, 29 December 2019 (UTC)
- No problem. Will do so. Thanks for the prompt response.
Kỳ Sơn District, Hòa BìnhEdit
Please tell me why my edit seemed not to be constructive. That district has already been demolished and was annexed by the capital city of the province 2600:1700:CCD0:5790:DD98:B617:38E3:C004 (talk) 18:12, 29 December 2019 (UTC)
- Hello 2600:1700:CCD0:5790:DD98:B617:38E3:C004, you deleted the whole info box. Regards --Serols (talk) 16:54, 31 December 2019 (UTC)
Virtual reality therapyEdit
My name is Anton,
Few days ago I tried to add some info about the Virtual Reality related project I'm working on tor a last 4 years. I do have a US patent Virtual reality exercise device Patent number: 9940847. Working all by myself, I was able to put together a working prototype. Device might also be used for those recovering after stroke etc. as it helps to move and even walk. Anybody can learn about this device from my website https://www.hapticpower.com/ I think this is the first real and affordable device that allow anyone to enjoy a full, no restrictions, exploration of a VR world, with full physical presence. However,the paragraph I wrote in a few of related Wikipedia articles was removed and I was temporary blocked. I'm just trying to understand what did I do wrong? Working on this project alone, I couldn't pay for the costly Google adds to move me to the top of the search. That's why there are only few mentioning about my apparatus on the Internet. But I think US Patent is credible enough.
Please review my case and allow me to let people know about this project of mine. If you wish, you might also reach me via email@example.com Being new to the Wikipedia I'm very open to suggestions and advice.
Thanks for a prompt answer and Happy New Year. I taught that a true journalism is to promote the credible, relevant and novel information, not to block people based on technicalities. When I said I'm new to Wikipedia, I meant new as an editor and contributor, not as an active user. In fact, when I came up with an idea for my VRealizer-1, the first place I went before even filing for a patent was Wikipedia, to make sure idea is really new and nobody created anything of the same kind. I trust Wiki with all my heart and always believed it is the most accurate and to the point source of information. If US Patent is not good enough to make my information verifiable, I'd be more then happy to offer any additional info(photo, video etc.) about my prototype. I'm not trying to place an ad here, nor make any money. I guess you are a credible source and an influential person in Wikipedia, then why don't you do an investigation and, if it is credible ant interesting, place a paragraph about a VRealizer-1 in the relevant article? To me, that would be a true journalism. Thanks again for answering and Happy New Year. Anton. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:20, 1 January 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Anton, sorry for my late answer. Please note Wikipedia:Weblinks. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia and not an advertising portal for new products. If you continue to try again to edit your link in Wikipedia, you risk a longer block and your link could be entered in the blacklist. Regards --Serols (talk) 12:36, 2 January 2020 (UTC)
Happy New Year, Serols!Edit
Did you know ... that back in 1885, Wikipedia editors wrote Good Articles with axes, hammers and chisels?
In regards to the page on Mena Arkansas: Barry Seal was a drug smuggler, not a businessmanEdit
Making him out to be a "businessman" is a flat out lie. If being a drug dealer is a businessman, then what is a hit man? Health Alteration Professional? and he is the protagonist of the movie American Made, that connection is relevant because it explains what the movie is — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:41, 11 January 2020 (UTC)
United States Seventh FleetEdit
- Hello 220.127.116.11, please read the history of Bangladesh, before you write nonsense. --Serols (talk) 09:07, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
- Can you point me which part of my edit contradicts the history of Bangladesh? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:09, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
- The state of Bangladesh was founded after the war. --Serols (talk) 09:16, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
- It looks like you haven't read History of Bangladesh yourself and advising others to read it first. State of Bangladesh was founded on 26th March 1971 and that's when the war started which ended on 16th December. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:20, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Thanks for keeping Wikipedia free from vandalism. Interstellarity (talk) 15:12, 13 January 2020 (UTC)|
Replied to the wrong userEdit
What's unconstructive about adding a disambiguation page, making sure that ALL PAGES HAVE THEIR CORRECT PAGE AND REDIRECTS, and adding a botany disambiguation? How in the world is that unconstructive? Do you have something against plants? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:28, 15 January 2020 (UTC)
"Daniel Seaman" articleEdit
Thank you for keeping an eye on it - you are, aren't you? Mr. DS himself & his friends are dropping in every now & then, and trying to remove up to 50% of the content, and totally by chance it's always the critical bits. All of them. He was removed from his official positions by his political FRIENDS, and he still cannot believe it was right or should be mentioned here. Keep up the good work, since I'm now forced by circumstances to shift to other things. Self-whitewashing shouldn't be allowed, if one can do little, say, against some remote Asian country with hundreds of online agitprop employees, at least in the case of a single loose cannon individual it should be possible. Without offending his human rights, of course & hallelujah. Cheers, Arminden (talk) 15:51, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
Arif Mohammed khanEdit
There has been a lot of edits on the page of The Governor of Kerala, which is a clear indication of vandalism, and his involvement in hawala scam was never substantiated by any court of law or media for that matter. If you feel that there is vandalism in that page, please lock it, and that is what I would really like to see. Kottaarathil shankunni (talk) 19:20, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
You should pay respectEdit
As Kobe Bryant is local to the area, we should pay respects. It brings me utter disgust that you would find paying respects to a legend is unconstructive. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Titans4ever (talk • contribs) 18:51, 29 January 2020 (UTC)
No need to reverseEdit
Unilateral changes made on the page 1990 Lombard regional election have never been discussed. Why my change is reversed and not the one made in January by another user? The use of those ugly symbols is also not common here. 17:51, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Good job on the vandalism patrol Hell in a Bucket (talk) 16:29, 3 February 2020 (UTC)|
Queue filtering in HuggleEdit
Added Russian Text - And I have been marked as unproductive/vandalism - this is in no way vandalism or unproductiveEdit
I am currently working on a project that involves me taking all the countries in the world and pulling their holiday calendars and placing the translation verbiage for the holiday in the text. I added the Russian translation for International Women's day and it was removed. I am helping others by not having them to have to look it up separately like I did as most of the holidays on the page do have the Russian translation I am filling the few that do not. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2600:1700:C570:3680:7DF8:9A1F:8A7E:4618 (talk) 18:24, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hello 2600:1700:C570:3680:7DF8:9A1F:8A7E:4618, this is Wikipedia EN, not Wikipedia RU - please use English. --Serols (talk) 18:32, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- I can't tell where this landed. But if it is the name of the article, the native name in addition is appropriate to add (that's why for example you will see infoboxes calling for the native name in the non-English language). 2604:2000:E010:1100:5459:345F:8577:54B2 (talk) 09:01, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
How can they delete valid template???Edit
Cliff Drysdale photo used on Cliff Richey pageEdit
Hi Serols, The photograph that is associated with the caption of Cliff Richey on the Cliff Richey page is actually that of South African professional tennis player Cliff Drysdale whose career was active during the same years of Cliff Richey's career. The side-on aspect of the photo is telling in that Cliff Drysdale is taller at (6'2"), lanky in appearance, and, in the picture, has curly hair that is much thicker in the back (mullet) whereas Cliff Richey was shorter (5'9"), stockier in appearance, and had very straight hair. He was never known to wear a "mullet" style haircut (short in the front, long in the back). He also was known as a Wilson Racquet user and paid representative of Wilson Sporting Goods. He never used a Kawasaki racquet in his professional career, as evident by the Kawasaki racquet cover visible in the photo of Cliff Drysdale. This mistaken photograph has existed for some time on the Cliff Richey page, surprised no one has changed it or questioned its use before. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:23, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hello 184.108.40.206, sorry, but your edit was the wrong way. The article is about Cliff Richey and not about Cliff Drysdale. When the photo is wrong, it has to be replaced or deleted -> but only with a good reference. Another way would be to use the talk page. Regards --Serols (talk) 12:55, 7 February 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for your adviceEdit
- Hello talk, please note and read Wikipedia:Weblinks, no links in the flow text. Regards --Serols (talk) 19:34, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|For monitoring Recent Changes and reverting the vandalism super quickly. Good work! King of Scorpions (my talk) 21:01, 12 February 2020 (UTC)|
I'll be honest I don't care one wit about the article so I'll leave you to do what you thin k best, but you can't replace an RS with IMDB which is not an RS see WP:RSPS. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:21, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hello 18.104.22.168, IMDB was only an example, I can also show others if you want. Regards --Serols (talk) 16:30, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- That's fine, probably best to add at least one source, and maybe two if you are going to remove an old source to support the change. Also HorrorClassics has been getting reverted a lot and having a lot of flak thrown their way for making similar changes elsewhere, I tried to help with a message on the talk page. I also thought jumping straight to a 4th level warning was excessive, anyway if those changes are constructive you might want to intercede there, wouldn't want to lose a potentially good contributer. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:34, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you againEdit
You reverted, moving the date of a birth of a bio out of the lede, and into a later para. That is simply not correct. Please review the MOS. --2604:2000:E010:1100:5459:345F:8577:54B2 (talk) 09:38, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Hello. You keep on deleting the
A recent example is this.
Sometimes as there you don't even bother to leave an edit summary. Sometimes you use Huggle to delete.
I've discussed this at length with you. I've asked you without you responding to support your position by pointing to a policy. I pointed to the fact that we have templates that specifically have sections for native names. I pointed you to examples of the names being included in the lede. I point you now to WP:NCUE, which says "The native spelling of a name should generally be included in parentheses, in the first line of the article" and "The body of each article, preferably in its first paragraph, should list all frequently used names by which its subject is widely known. When the native name is written in a non-Latin script, this representation should be included".
I am getting nowhere with you though.Please think about this one more time. If you continue to disagree, since you've been deleting this material, sometimes with tools, sometimes without edit summaries, without pointing to the requested wp policy that supports your deletions, while I point out your error, I will ask others to get involved. Thanks. --2604:2000:E010:1100:5459:345F:8577:54B2 (talk) 13:38, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
- You have all the answers on your talk page. --Serols (talk) 16:31, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
- Serols, coming at this cold and without an axe to grind, it is not at all obvious from the discussion that you have given any answer to When the native name is written in a non-Latin script, this representation should be included. WP:Use English applies to text, not to personal names. You would have a point if the only name being given were the non-Latin name, but that is not the case.
- 2604:2000:E010:1100:5459:345F:8577:54B2, you would make it far easier to make progress on this and other discussions if you would create a wikipedia account. If you must, you may do so anonymously. --Red King (talk) 13:00, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
How is that not helpfulEdit
I was clarifying why I though full unprotection is justified since it's been 10 years. was it the lol that is too informal? 16:47, 21 February 2020 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Hello 188.8.131.52, 99.9 percent of users use the word lol for vandalism. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that you were the 0.1 percent. Please excuse my revert and my warning, which of course I deleted. Regards --Serols (talk) 09:07, 23 February 2020 (UTC)
Would you be kind and add me as his girlfriendEdit
- Hello Jellyjesss, please stop with your vandalism, you risk your account. --Serols (talk) 12:02, 23 February 2020 (UTC)
I am the subject of this page.
You twice reverted my deletion of factually inaccurate information, put there by a vandal. My edit reflected all the accurate information on the page. You have reverted to information that is unsourced and defamatory.
Problematic Sandbox RevisionEdit
Sorry, didn't know you weren't an admin, sorry for that. I always thought you were one, and you seem like a user that would have administrator privileges. -MegaGoat (Talk) (Contribs) 19:19, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For continuously helping and keeping Wikipedia free from Vandalism. A special thanks for taking care of the vandalism on my user page. ⋙–DBigXrayᗙ 13:47, 29 February 2020 (UTC)|
Hi Serols. Mind if I ask a question? I don't use Huggle, and am starting to do some admin work at WP:AIV. I noticed a number of edits from you there today, with final warnings to editors, mostly for tripping the edit filter (example). I'm just a bit confused by the accompanying text that Huggle leaves at AIV. It seems to suggest that the report is happening without your knowledge, so I just wanted to ask whether your twenty or so reports to AIV today were all done intentionally, or whether they 'just happen' because of the level of the warning, and of your settings when using Huggle. It's a moot point now, because Material Scientist has just blocked them all, though by the time I'd got there just before him at 17:00 UTC most of the reports seemed a bit stale. But I was just curious whether you genuinely meant to warn and report to AIV all in one action? Cheers, Nick Moyes (talk) 17:16, 29 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Nick Moyes, your example was an automated notification from Huggle, but not anonymous. The program also informs me. This message at AIV is the result of my reverts and the corresponding warning to the user. Vandalism reports are basically never stale, unfortunately there was no admin for hours yesterday. If you have any further questions, just contact me. Regards --Serols (talk) 11:40, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
- OK thanks. Like I say, I just wasn't sure whether you intended to warn and report at one and the same time, which seemed a little odd to me. And, yes, by the time I arrived all the reports were somewhat old, so I wasn't convinced action was wholly necessary. But then Material Scientist came along and nuked them all anyway. I was just curious. Cheers, Nick Moyes (talk) 12:10, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors!Edit
- please help translate this message into your local language via meta
|The 2019 Cure Award|
|In 2019 you were one of the top ~300 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you from Wiki Project Med for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date health information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do! Wiki Project Med Foundation is a thematic organization whose mission is to improve our health content. Consider joining here, there are no associated costs.|
Ibuprofen brand namesEdit
Go and check the history of ibuprofen, that guy is not mentioned once. Deleting something that is fake is constructive, deleting my correct edit is not constructive. You are the reason that people do not want to edit wikipedia anymore and fix things. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:57, 6 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hello 220.127.116.11, you are right, sorry for my revert. Regards --Serols (talk) 18:05, 6 March 2020 (UTC)
|Thanks for all the great edits and reverts to spam Scaledish (Chances are I am wrong, sorry :blush:) (talk) 18:49, 10 March 2020 (UTC)|
Hi! Please let me edit out the sections under my name that make me uncomfortable. Talking about my early life and sexuality are not ok and the information is not correct. Please just leave the part about same-sex marriage and let the rest be taken down. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Heather.Purser (talk • contribs) 17:12, 13 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Jbcooler, please no comments in the article, use the talk page. Regards --Serols (talk) 14:06, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
Explanation for your most recent edit to World Food DayEdit
Kindly explain your most recent edit to the article World Food Day where you rollbacked an edit for a typo which was actually corrected by the IP user. Denver| Thank you (talk) 11:16, 22 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Denver| Thank you, please do not activate errors -> rebg kw.jbgj4b;gi5gj'34hjri45h. Regards --Serols (talk) 11:20, 22 March 2020 (UTC)