|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original talk page is located at
Hello, welcome to Wikipedia. Here are some useful links in case you haven't already found them;
Angela 01:38, Oct 19, 2003 (UTC)
TfD nomination of Template:OSU taxoboxEdit
Template:OSU taxobox has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for Deletion page. Thank you. — Black Falcon 06:10, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preferenceEdit
Hello there. This is an automated message to tell you about the gradual phasing out of the preference entitled "Mark all edits minor by default", which you currently have (or very recently had) enabled.
On 13 March 2011, this preference was hidden from the user preferences screen as part of efforts to prevent its accidental misuse (consensus discussion). This had the effect of locking users in to their existing preference, which, in your case, was
true. To complete the process, your preference will automatically be changed to
false in the next few days. This does not require any intervention on your part and you will still be able to manually mark your edits as being 'minor'. The only thing that's changed is that you will no longer have them marked as minor by default.
Nomination for deletion of Template:Oregon University SystemEdit
Template:Oregon University System has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Liz Read! Talk! 01:28, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
Welcome to join WikiProject OregonEdit
Welcome! You are receiving this message because we've noticed your great edits related to our project WikiProject Oregon!. We are a group of editors working on improving articles in the scope of this project, and we need your help to meet the project goals. Please come over to our project page to take a look!
- You will see a list of articles that need most improvement .
- You will find a group of editors who share similar interest with you.
- Overall, this is a friendly place to discuss any issues related to Oregon, ask questions, and collaborate on improving articles on Oregon!
Hi, I'm RonBot, a script that checks new non-free file uploads. I have found that the subject image that you recently uploaded was more than 5% in excess of the Non-free content guideline size of 100,000 pixels. I have tagged the image for a standard reduction, which (for jpg/gif/png/svg files) normally happens within a day. Please check the reduced image, and make sure that the image is not excessively corrupted. Other files will be added to Category:Wikipedia non-free file size reduction requests for manual processing. There is a full seven-day period before the original oversized image will be hidden; during that time you might want to consider editing the original image yourself (perhaps an initial crop to allow a smaller reduction or none at all). A formula for calculation the desired size can be found at WP:Image resolution, along with instructions on how to tag the image in the rare cases that it requires an oversized image (typically about 0.2% of non-free uploads are tagged as necessarily oversized). Please contact the bot owner if you have any questions, or you can ask them at Wikipedia talk:Non-free content. RonBot (talk) 17:36, 5 August 2018 (UTC)
- Please don't use overly complicated markup. I've edited thoussnds of different articles, almost all with infobox images, and I've never once seen that used. The infobox template itself is set up to scale the box and its contents for different format devices. It doesn't need any help. I've viewed both versions of the article on both a computer and my phone and there is no benefit to using complicated markup. Thanks. John from Idegon (talk) 20:45, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- I've got two issues with your method. First, doesn't the module exist with a recommendation to use it as I did because at least some people thought it provided a benefit? What you call overly complicated I call being precise. Which elements of the module as I configured it were ipso facto redundant? It feels like you've got beyond standards enforcement into arbitrary preference policing. If we were neighbors and you saw me mowing my lawn north-to-south instead of east-to-west like the homeowner's association requires would you really run over and grab the wheel and make me face the other way, or would you realize it's trivial and find something better to occupy your time with?
- Secondly, now that I've got the pinpoint map and the image to the front façade added aren't my motives for wanting to impose a scale-down factor pretty clear? I uploaded the logo at that size because I wasn't going to reduce it and hamper others using it at that size, but from the word go I knew it looked out of proportion to the rest of the features of the page. Lastly, there's a reason the tie goes to the runner: respect for the hustle.
- Please sign your posts, even on your own talk, as it adds a time stamp too. What you think is elegant as a computer professional, 99% of Wikipedia editors will find confusing. Modules are generally embedded in a template, not used directly on an article. A random check of pages listed here, the list of pages where that module is in use, shows no visible coding for it in the article, leading me to believe, as I said earlier, that it is already in the infobox school template. You would have to figure that out for sure, as I am lost in lost world when it comes to that kind of stuff, but I still see no reason to add it. As you added it and I reverted it, you have no consensus to use it, so please don't. You could if you wish, ask for a WP:3O or start an WP:RFC, but that would be a huge time sink. Very simply, you are overthinking this. John from Idegon (talk) 22:45, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter messageEdit
Orphaned non-free image File:Oregon State University New Seal 2017.svgEdit
Thanks for uploading File:Oregon State University New Seal 2017.svg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 02:52, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|Thanks for your precise work updating Oregon's education bureaucracy articles! Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 17:57, 15 August 2019 (UTC)|
- @Grand'mere Eugene: Oh my gosh, what a kind thing to do! Thank you so much, this really means a lot to me. :) Perhaps most especially because it was only after I had moved Oregon Chief Education Office and was mopping up the wikilinks to it that I stumbled across the archived Talk page for WikiProject Oregon where you mentioned that you had chosen the name intentionally to avoid a vaguely Native American connotation. After I saw that I was bracing myself for a scathing reaction, so let me reiterate how comforting it is to instead get my very first barnstar out of it. It just so happens that my birthday is tomorrow as well, and to be candid, if anyone remembers and thinks to get me anything they'd have to really put some thought into it to make a greater impact.
- I hope I see you around this place more. After seeing the articles you've started and reading some of your comments in various discussions, I've concluded that I like your style. I think that makes you only the second or third Duck ever that I could say that about. ;) If you ever find yourself taking a trip down the coastal side of NorCal, I hope you'll remember to pull my coat beforehand so I can treat you to a meal somewhere to properly thank you. Take care, and don't hesitate to seek me out if ever you want to collaborate. Respectfully, — 03:54, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- Well, Happy Birthday! If we were closer, I'd offer you some berry cobbler (which was my emergency baking project today after forgetfully leaving an overly-large bag of Costco frozen berries on the counter overnight). In lieu of that offering, here's a link to an article created over the years by some ne'er-do-wells: Wikipedia:WikiProject Oregon/Aunt Betty (non-notable Oregon relative) Cheers! Mary (aka Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 22:26, 16 August 2019 (UTC))
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 16:28, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:ISE-USA logo.pngEdit
Thanks for uploading File:ISE-USA logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 02:29, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Pewamo-Westphalia High School has been acceptedEdit
ArbCom 2019 election voter messageEdit
Google Code-In 2019 is coming - please mentor some documentation tasks!Edit
Google Code-In, Google-organized contest in which the Wikimedia Foundation participates, starts in a few weeks. This contest is about taking high school students into the world of opensource. I'm sending you this message because you recently edited a documentation page at the English Wikipedia.
I would like to ask you to take part in Google Code-In as a mentor. That would mean to prepare at least one task (it can be documentation related, or something else - the other categories are Code, Design, Quality Assurance and Outreach) for the participants, and help the student to complete it. Please sign up at the contest page and send us your Google account address to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can invite you in!
From my own experience, Google Code-In can be fun, you can make several new friends, attract new people to your wiki and make them part of your community.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Gabriel Taborin Technical School Foundation, Inc.. Allenjambalaya (talk) 08:57, 24 November 2019 (UTC)
US city namesEdit
Just as a heads-up, the big US cities no longer have the state in their official Wiki names, which means that the corresponding photorequest categories don't either. So eg this edit created a link to Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in New Orleans, Louisiana when the category is now at Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in New Orleans. You've also made quite a few edits that have created red-linked photo-request categories because they just haven't been created yet. Aside from the fact that WP:REDNOT says you should never make an edit to a red-linked category, and the extra work it causes for the team working on the thousands of Special:WantedCategories, it also means that the photo request won't be seen which is a bit pointless. Cheers. Le Deluge (talk) 11:10, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
- Just as a followup, I've been clearing the photoreq county categories and it's a complete mess - the county subcategories of Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in Idaho have been "officially" deleted per consensus at Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2012_June_7#Category:Wikipedia_requested_photographs_in_Adams_County,_Idaho and many of the states have few to none (Nebraska), but other states like Pennsylvania have lots of them. I've tried to fit in with that, bumping photoreqs in the states with few county subcategories up to the main state category, but creating them in the states with lots of county cats. In a way it contributes to the mess, but at least they're not in the Special:WantedCategories backlog any more... Le Deluge (talk) 13:32, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
Your draft article, Draft:DART Clinton SchoolEdit
In accordance with our policy that Wikipedia is not for the indefinite hosting of material deemed unsuitable for the encyclopedia mainspace, the draft has been nominated for deletion. If you plan on working on it further, or editing it to address the issues raised if it was declined, simply and remove the
If your submission has already been deleted by the time you get there, and you wish to retrieve it, you can request its undeletion by following the instructions at this link. An administrator will, in most cases, restore the submission so you can continue to work on it.
Orphaned non-free image File:KUKI AM-1400 96-3FM Logo.pngEdit
Thanks for uploading File:KUKI AM-1400 96-3FM Logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 02:34, 18 October 2020 (UTC)