User talk:Magioladitis/Archive 6

Active discussions
Archive 1 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8

Wikipedia workshop in Corfu

Today I organised a workshop introduction to Wikipedia for elementary school children in Corfu.

My thanks to the parents and their children who joined us today. --- Magioladitis (talk) 08:39, 31 August 2017 (UTC)

John Sanborn (media Artist)

  Resolved

Dear Magioladitis, Your yobot has tagged the article John Sanborn (media artist) as an orphan. The article now has at least seven links to other wikipedia articles and more will be added soon. Please direct your bot to remove the orphan flag from this article. Thanks. (RKJonze (talk) 18:39, 31 August 2017 (UTC))

RKJonze Feel free to remove the tag by yourself. The idea is that when someone adds incoming links to a page, they are allowed to remove the tag. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:36, 31 August 2017 (UTC)

A bowl of strawberries for you!

  For all the selfless hours you've put in here over the years...thank you. RivertorchFIREWATER 03:24, 5 September 2017 (UTC)

I owe you an apology

Magioladitis, I shouldn't have used your recent, and no doubt upsetting, ArbCom case as an example in the discussion on the RfA talk page. You and I have had essentially zero prior interactions and so this was extremely presumptive of me. Using you as a blunt instrument to refute another editor's point without asking you first was rude and I would like to apologize for that rudeness. Thank you for your time. Eggishorn (talk) (contrib) 15:13, 7 September 2017 (UTC)

Hi Eggishorn. Thanks for the kind message. The problem discussed is a real problem of Wikipedia and I understand your point in the discussion. No worries. I am not offended or anything by your comment. My comment was mainly to bring the example, which refers to me, to its actual size. We have had problems with administrators in the past in the community and I have seen longstanding editors, administrators leave the project for various reasons. I am still puzzled of how the community will resolve this in the near and in the distant future. I am worried that there is still a large portion of contributors that does not see the problem or thinks that the tools we have so far (ArbCom, certain policies, etc.) are sufficient to maintain a healthy enviroment in the community. Thanks again for contacting me and no worries. Happy editing! -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:36, 7 September 2017 (UTC)

Your approved bots, AWB, and your closed ArbCom case

I have been following the ArbCom case, and now reviewed the remedies imposed on you. All of your current bot tasks will retain approval, and based on my interpretation you are still permitted to file new tasks for approval using AWB and WPCleaner, and you are still allowed to carry out genfixes provided the task is approved to allow genfixes. I just thought I put the obvious into writing, in case it wasn't obvious.—CYBERPOWER (Chat) 07:54, 5 September 2017 (UTC)

Cyberpower678 thanks for contacting me. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:37, 7 September 2017 (UTC)

A barnstar for you!

  The Resilient Barnstar
Please ping me when you have a RfA. It's sad to see that good faith has become an argument for wikilawyers to pick apart. Looking at recent events makes me very sure that I'll not be asking for approval for any bot related improvements to this project any time soon. Hope to see you active in other places. (talk) 19:59, 13 September 2017 (UTC)

Thank you very much! Really appreciated it. I'll probably re-run for admin in the next days. -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:18, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

Rollback granted

Hi Magioladitis. I've assigned the rollback permission to your account per your request. Best, Mz7 (talk) 23:21, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

Mz7 Thank you very much! -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:22, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

WikiFemHack

Wikimedia Community User Group Greece is organising an edithon / hackathon in Thessaloniki at October 7. #includewomen. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:56, 16 September 2017 (UTC)

BAGBot: Your bot request Yobot 58

Someone has marked Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/Yobot 58 as needing your input. Please visit that page to reply to the requests. Thanks! AnomieBOT 23:37, 18 September 2017 (UTC) To opt out of these notifications, place {{bots|optout=operatorassistanceneeded}} anywhere on this page.

CEE Meeting

I am attending the Wikimedia Central Eastern Europee Meeting. Expect less online activity these days. -- Magioladitis (talk) 08:53, 21 September 2017 (UTC)

My talks are now up in Commons. If any questions please email me. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:02, 23 September 2017 (UTC)

WikiFemHack @ Thessaloniki, Greece

We would like to invite you to WikiFemHack! WikiFemHack is a Gender Gap/Edithon/Hackathon event organized by Wikimedia Community User Group with the help of Open Knowldge Foundation and SheSharp on October the 7th in Thessaloniki.

This year we are focusing on women participation in IT and in Wikipedia. Within this framework, we are planning an event, open to everyone, in cooperation with University groups and international participations, aiming to mitigate the Gender Gap, Gender identity and the unequal female participation in technology.

The event aims at reaching women, increasing their participation in tech, in programming and in Wikipedia. There are going to be talks about the Gender Gap in technology, Wikipedia and Wikimedia co-operative projects. It would be great for the attendees to also have the opportunity to meet people that work at the Wikimedia Foundation. At the same time, in a second room we are also going to organize an edithon and a Wikimedia projects hackathon.

Top contributors will receive awards by Voxxed Days, Wikimedia Foundation and Delta Pi Systems.

The event will start at 9am and finish at 7pm.

Registration form: http://links.wikimedia.gr/wfhform

More at: http://magioladitis.blogspot.gr/2017/09/wikifemhack-thessaloniki-greece.html

-- Magioladitis (talk) 12:10, 27 September 2017 (UTC)

Looking for an AWB source file

Hi. I'm looking for the source code that handles the MoveMaintenanceTags function, to help me fix my bot to comply with MOS:ORDER. It was requested that I do this on my bot's talk page: User talk:RMCD bot#The subject notice template should be placed underneath disambiguation hatnotes. While my bot is written in PHP, I'd like to match the AWB algorithm for this as best as I can (how to recognize all the various hatnotes and not miss any). So hoping I can translate the needed code to PHP. A lot of files to search through here. Can you point me to the right one? Thanks, wbm1058 (talk) 01:10, 22 September 2017 (UTC)

(talk page watcher) @Wbm1058: It is in MetaDataSorter.cs (Dablinks above maintance tags per [[WP:LAYOUT]]). The list of templates is in WikiRegexes.cs (public static readonly Regex Dablinks). Tools.cs has many supporting items. — JJMC89(T·C) 23:55, 22 September 2017 (UTC)
Thanks, wow it's more complicated than I expected. NestedTemplateRegex supports nested templates and comments at end of template name. Would be nice if there was a library function I could just pass in the entire page contents and get back the properly sorted page. User:RMCD bot/botclasses.php doesn't have anything that fancy. A complete "general fixes" function even. Then my bot could apply all general fixes at the same time it posted its requested-page-move notice. Including putting the hatnotes above the bot's notice. wbm1058 (talk) 13:57, 23 September 2017 (UTC)
Even better than a library function would be an API to accomplish the "general fixes" task. Then a programmer could just write an interface to the API in whatever language they were using. An API interface to AWB general fixes would be programming language-independent. – wbm1058 (talk) 14:13, 27 September 2017 (UTC)

Stop your disruption

Changing a link to the English-language official website back to a link to the Swedish-language homepage, on the English wikipedia, is disruption.[1] Making enwiki worse to prove a point really is a bad idea. Please don't revert this again, and in general only make edits that make enwiki actually better for our readers. Fram (talk) 12:48, 27 September 2017 (UTC)

@Fram: [2] is the series of edits that should have been made rather than to edit war over Magio's change. That said, your discussion lead me to identify an error in Module:Official website which I'll be pinging you in shortly on Template talk:Official website. --Izno (talk) 13:17, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
No. We should never have to edit Wikidata to correct an issue on enwiki, and to suggest otherwise is insulting. Furthermore, this wuold still leave the "In Swedish" description on enwiki. That you want to improve Wikidata and templates fetching data from there is no problem of course, but to claim that changing Wikidata would have been the right course of action here is totally wrong. This only makes life a lot harder for the casual editor (and even most experienced editors), for no gain at all. What Magioladitis first did was changing the page for no benefit. I then actually improved it, with Magioladitis making it worse again. Please then don't lecture me about what I should have done when the problem is with someone else's edits. Fram (talk) 13:27, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
@Fram: The change I made actually fixes the problem (and perhaps educates you and Magioladitis), barring a change to the official website module which I've already noted as a separate issue. You simply take him to task. Good luck with that attitude I guess, because while he's been a problematic editor in some ways, this is at-best for you, not obviously one of those ways. --Izno (talk) 13:32, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
How did the change I made not fix the problem (and did so with one edit, easily readable by every enwiki editor)? Your edit changed nothing at Medevi at all, and would at best (when the template eventually gets changed) have resulted in a link to the English page, with a label indicating "In Swedish". Thanks, but I prefer my fix to yours any time. No idea if you have educated Magioladitis, you do have educated me that avoiding the "official website" template is the best solution. That you don't consider someone blindly reverting a page to a worse version as obviously "problematic" is your choice. Fram (talk) 13:40, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
@Izno:, Wikipedia editors are not bound to fix crap data in Wikidata. If Wikidatans want to use templates that draw from Wikidata on Wikipedia, then they need to ensure Wikidata is correct before using those templates. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 14:19, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
@Headbomb: The Us Versus Them is very tiring; besides which, it's not even a valid comment in this case, since I would not characterize Magioladitis as a Wikidata editor first and an English Wikipedia editor second. But perhaps you have a different impression. --Izno (talk) 14:35, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Izno I consider myself as global wikignome. I have more than 1,000 contributions in Wikidata; the most receent of them are of the addition of official website. Before I was fixing ISBNs in Wikidata till a person provided me with a list and a bot did the fixes. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:54, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
1k contributions in Wikidata? You newb. I have 30k! :) --Izno (talk) 15:02, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Izno You are a machine!!! :) -- Magioladitis (talk) 15:11, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Then stop giving 'us' a reason to consider you 'them', and work within Wikipedian standards rather than Wikidatan standards. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 17:14, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
@Headbomb: I am "us"--so your "do it our way" is an already-fulfilled request. The way I told Magio and Fram to do it actually enables "Wikipedian" standards. --Izno (talk) 17:19, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Your multiple changes which had no effect here? Your changes which, when they eventually would have an effect, then would have had an English site with an "in Swedish" label? Your changes which, even if you would then have removed the label, only had the same end result as my simple change here? Yes, you told us how to do it, but I see no reason to ever use that method. Your approach in this case is a clear "Wikidata first" approach with no benefits for enwiki or its editors, only making things a lot more complicated. Fram (talk) 17:39, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
I'll save you the burden of saying it: Don't reply to me again unless obviously invited. --Izno (talk) 17:46, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Fuck off, Izno. You are inserting yourself in a discussion I started on Magioladitis' talk page. You are then giving wrong advice and pretending that you fixed an issue when you did nothing of the sort. I'll reply to you here and in every discussion you come along uninvited and disruptively as long as I want to, and as often as I want to. Keep your fake righteousness and lack of actual responses to yourself and crawl back to your own corner instead of pushing your pro-Wikidata agenda here and supporting disruptive edits because they fit your distorted view of what enwiki should become. If you don't like the responses you get, then stop spouting nonsense. Fram (talk) 19:59, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
WP:LASTWORD much? --Izno (talk) 20:53, 27 September 2017 (UTC)

In fact, I like the idea that Wikidata will autodetect the Wikipdia and provide customised information. Wikidata is Wikipedia's future. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:55, 27 September 2017 (UTC)

This is how Wikidata could be useful to Wikipedia: as another tool in our vandalism detection and reverting arsenal. Wikidata maintains a redundant copy of the official website URL. Wikipedia should never pull data from Wikidata, there should only be one-way data extraction in the other direction. But templates like {{official website}} should check the Wikidata entry, compare it to the URL specified as parameter {{{1}}}, and throw a "red flag" when the URLs are different. Then it will be up to a human editor to determine which is correct and then fix the value in either Wikipedia or Wikidata. Most vandals won't have the BEANS to know that they must vandalize simultaneously in two places to get their vandalism to stick. This redundancy is good, in wikis that "anyone can edit". wbm1058 (talk) 18:03, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
  • Mags, I noticed this example at Haakon Graf at the time you did it, but didn't say anything because it was when the ArbCom case was ending. The website link worked, then you changed it to {{Official website}} and that swapped the live link for a dead one.
There are always lots of objections to using that template whenever the issue arises. If you want to keep adding it, would it not make sense to hold an RfC? SarahSV (talk) 20:15, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Yep, an RfC is the way to go here. Fram (talk) 04:33, 28 September 2017 (UTC)

File:Seleccionada3.JPG

I would like to know several things
  1. How you found this file.
  2. Why did you start editing image files today. You've made no image edits for the past 2 months, it seems very strange to make a single file edit (you only de-PRODed one file today and it looks like this is the first time you've ever done so).
  3. What is your precise rationale for deciding to de-PROD the file. What is wrong with allowing the file to remain tagged for deletion for one week, and why do you think FfD would be a better venue (taking into account the low traffic FfD also receives).
  4. Why you think the file would be suitable to Commons.
  5. Why you think an editor who hasn't edited for 12 years would be able to move the file to Commons.
  6. Why you didn't move the file yourself, if you believe it should be moved to Commons.
Now, speaking as a Commons administrator in addition to being an administrator here, it's a poor quality photograph and I think PRODing was absolutely the correct course of action; whilst we appreciate all photographs and the efforts of all photographers, there comes a time where the old low resolution photographs can be removed when we have sufficient high resolution files to take their place. I can say with a high degree of certainty had the file been moved to Commons, a deletion request would occur and deletion would be the outcome.
-- Nick (talk) 22:13, 10 October 2017 (UTC)

Nick So you basically say that if the file goes to FfD will be deleted. Please send it there and make your rationale there. I am not sure why you write here the arguments. The file has been around for 12 years. Have you checked if there are any incoming external links? I am not expert in Commons and never been admin there so I am not sure whether there are specific quality rules this file does not cover or if the photo theme is already covered by better quality photos. I used to uplod photos from events by making very little job in selecting the best of them. "Why you didn't move the file yourself, if you believe it should be moved to Commons." Eh? Can yοu please do it then? I am not familiar with Commons as you are. I would like to see the editor that uploaded the photo to become active again. -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:03, 10 October 2017 (UTC)

Nick I replied #3 and on. I don't like question #2. I have very few edits these two months but in general I have edits in all namespaces. I have been working with TfDs, Mfds and RfDs for a long time with thousand of edits. On #1: Why? How did yo come to this discussion anyway? Do you have my talk page in your watchlist and what for? -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:22, 10 October 2017 (UTC)

I do have your talk page on my watchlist from previously dealing with an ANI thread concerning your automated editing, and from further back, when we both submitted evidence concerning OccultZone for his Arbitration case. The reason I am here, however, is Rob expressed a concern that you could perhaps be stalking his edits and wanted additional opinions on the situation. That's why I asked a series of questions, to ascertain if it was an unhappy and unfortunate coincidence or something more deliberate. It would be helpful if you answered those remaining questions, because at the moment, it does look very much like you've gone through Rob's edits and decided to be antagonistic towards him with an unhelpful edit. If you are stalking him, at this stage, all I would ask is that you stop and avoid Rob except in situations where it's genuinely unavoidable. It would be unfortunate and I think given your overlapping interests, really unhelpful, to have to pursue a more rigid, formal interaction ban. Nick (talk) 07:38, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
Nick I 've been working with items for deletion long before bots. You can check my record to Rfds (before I even become admin), TfDs and Mfds. I think it's normal for a person that wants to re-apply for admin to resume working in that area. Due to uploader's inactivity a file that I think it's not 100% clear that needs to be deleted, was up to deletion. I expressed (weak) concerns for the prod. I think it's totally OK. The are more files up to deletion with a similar rationale but exactly for not giving the impression I am after Rob I did not pursuit further in addition to the fact that at least one more photo I checked seemed to me of no importance. Check also that all my latest admin actions have to do with pages tagged for deletion.
I have been working with bots, AWB, BAG, sysop long before Rob appeared as a registered account an still I did not interpret his actions as stalking. I started to be really afraid of him when he started contacting my contacts onwiki. When I noticed that the file in question was prodded by him I hesitated a bit to act but I can't live in fear because a person keeps stalking my actions and may want to disappoint me enough that I quit editing.
By the way, I tried to provide evidence that I working with items for deletion for a long time but due to the huge number of my edits Mediawiki yields a database error.
I assure you that have no intention to stalk this person. I 've been to Wikipedia more than 11 years with a registered account, almost 9 of them as admin. My email is enabled for furter communication. -- Magioladitis (talk) 10:03, 11 October 2017 (UTC)

Note to self: Trying to check my edits, I get a bug "A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.[Wd1VbwpAIC0AALVBRcQAAABL] 2017-10-10 23:20:12: Fatal exception of type "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryTimeoutError"" -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:24, 10 October 2017 (UTC)

Useful edit summaries

Hello Magio, thank you for responding to other editors feedback about using the URL in {{official website}}. It is really helpful to other editors when the edit summary is used. These edit pairs were self-revision—and the standard edit summary would normally have shown this:

Hope it helps, —Sladen (talk) 08:42, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Sladen Yes, I did some edits to test how it shows to my mobile and then I did not like them. Is any problem with that? -- Magioladitis (talk) 08:46, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Perhaps a good edit summary would be "edits to test how it shows to my mobile" and "self-revert: did not like them". This would keep the explanation with the edit in the correct place. —Sladen (talk) 09:01, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Sladen I try to use the edit ummary as possible. When the edit is so minor I am not sure what exactly to write. Maybe something like "fix indent"? An what happens if I do mixed edits which I usuall do. Edit summaries were always my kryptonite. Thanks for the advice! -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:03, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Educator's meeting tonight

For the Greek educators that would like to meet me today, please use the contact info found at the Education website. We will discussing about the Wikipedia Onine school and Digital humanities today at the Conference. -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:05, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Workshop on gender gap

Dear female editors! The scheduled workshop in Rethymno on gender gap is tomorrow. Find details on the gender gap page. The orientation slides are already posted on my user page! Looking forward to meet you tomorrow in person! Bring your own laptop :) -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:19, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

WikiFemHack

Thanks everyone who joined us. -- Magioladitis (talk) 12:38, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

"Make Wikipedia Great Again"

Magioladitis, you really should try to avoid that sentence when possible, especially in the context of a women-related event. Regardless of how you mean it, there is way too many similarities with Make America Great Again and general association with Trumpism and a plethora of gender-related issues. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 02:22, 14 October 2017 (UTC)

Gender gap Workshop in Rethymno

Thanks to the girls that came today to my workshop! I'll see you next time! Yes We Can Edit Wikipedia! -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:33, 14 October 2017 (UTC)

Official website cont.

Self-note: Wikipedia:Templates_for_discussion/Log/2016_October_8#Template:Official_URL. -- Magioladitis (talk) 18:04, 16 October 2017 (UTC)

AWB

Dear, Magioladitis, I wonder if you may be able to spare time for an AWB question?My question is refering to why I cant see, and use the Bot Tab in AWB, anymore, which should be visible once a user has logged in with an approved Bot account? Has there been any change in the AWB script lately? I think I downloaded a newer version some time ago, my present is 5.9.00. I noticed on Wikispecies, where I have an approved Bot account, that the Tab is not there anymore, possibly after updating to latest version of AWB. Or, did I accidently check any configuration that removes the tab?


I have been going though the online manual as well as searched through my configuration for a solution on this problem, but the button remains gone.

Any idea for a solution to this problem? Dan Koehl (talk) 17:51, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Dan Koehl you should be both enabled as bot account and have one :) Just adding your name in the bots list won't work. -- Magioladitis (talk) 18:31, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Thanks Magioladitis, Not sure what you mean though... heres the Bot account, it is an Approved Bot , went through the process of approval in 205, and has an admin flag, and was working pefectly during thousands of edit in April. Now the Bot tab is missing in AWB. I cant understand why. Dan Koehl (talk) 19:12, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Dan Koehl Is the English Wikipedia you try to load? -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:19, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
No, I dont have an approved Bot account on EnWiki. Im trying to use AWB for an approven Bot on Wikispecies. All links above point to that Bot within AWB. But I cant use the Bot, the Bot tab in AWB is gone. Do you have any idea why? Dan Koehl (talk) 19:22, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Dan Koehl I'll check and come back to you tomorrow! Wikispecies? That's a challenge! -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:24, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Dear Magioladitis, problem solved. Dan Koehl (talk) 23:49, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Dan Koehl thanks for letting me know! How? -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:50, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
It was a new, conditonal list, to which the name of my bot hadnt been added to yet. Dan Koehl (talk) 23:53, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Greek PM meets D. Trump

Once-critical Greek PM praises Trump over 'common values'. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:50, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Wikibreak

Last days caused me stress. I am going to take a wikibreak and avoid any interaction with people for a while. I am sorry if my edits, proposals caused stress to others. This was not my intention. -- Magioladitis (talk) 10:08, 20 October 2017 (UTC)

Herbs and Spices That Help Reduce Stress and Anxiety

 
Xi'an traditionnal medecine market (18)

Hello Magioladitis, Dr. Cynthia believes there are many safe nondrug remedies for anxiety you can try, such as mind-body techniques, supplements, calming teas, following a healthy diet, and adding natural herbs with medicinal benefits. Dinuraeditions (talk) 04:27, 21 October 2017 (UTC)

The Resilient Barnstar

Thanks! I really appreciate it. :) -- Basilicofresco (msg) 21:29, 1 November 2017 (UTC)

Precious four years!

Precious
 
Four years!

--Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:22, 21 November 2017 (UTC)

Gerda Arendt Wow! Thanks! -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:36, 21 November 2017 (UTC)

You are very welcome to the prize from the cabal of the outcasts ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 09:55, 21 November 2017 (UTC)

New Page Reviewing

Hello, Magioladitis.

As one of Wikipedia's most experienced Wikipedia editors,
Would you please consider becoming a New Page Reviewer? Reviewing/patrolling a page doesn't take much time but it requires a good understanding of Wikipedia policies and guidelines; currently Wikipedia needs experienced users at this task. (After gaining the flag, patrolling is not mandatory. One can do it at their convenience). But kindly read the tutorial before making your decision. Thanks. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 21:12, 1 December 2017 (UTC)

Yobot

Why isnt the Yobot working? It is really useful. But it has not been operational since 20 October.--94.234.170.153 (talk) 16:21, 30 November 2017 (UTC)

Yobot has faced incivility by certain people in this project. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:10, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
It would be fairer to say that Yobot stopped editing because someone edited its talk page on October 20th, and Magioladitis simply never bothered restarting the bot. Don't put this on 'certain people' or 'incivility'. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 14:58, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
Headbomb Hey. I start Yobot daily so any commnets do not affect Yobot's daily work. People are welcome to make comments in Yobot's page. I stopped the tasks till more things of what is to be done and in which direction is cleared. I was more disappointed by comments that I want ot push buggy software in the community. -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:54, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
Why do you care about what some people states about the Yobot? Just ignore them. Yobot is very useful. Trust me.94.234.55.214 (talk) 16:44, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
Maybe you started it daily in the past, but it hasn't been started since October 20th. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 18:26, 2 December 2017 (UTC)

I hope I find the courage to become as active as in the past. It depends on many parameters. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:00, 2 December 2017 (UTC)

ArbCom 2017 election voter message

 Hello, Magioladitis. Voting in the 2017 Arbitration Committee elections is now open until 23.59 on Sunday, 10 December. All users who registered an account before Saturday, 28 October 2017, made at least 150 mainspace edits before Wednesday, 1 November 2017 and are not currently blocked are eligible to vote. Users with alternate accounts may only vote once.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2017 election, please review the candidates and submit your choices on the voting page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:42, 3 December 2017 (UTC)

WikiFemHack on official Wikimedia blog

Official Wikimedia blog hosts an article on #WikiFemHack written by me! Amazing! Read more. -- Magioladitis (talk) 21:52, 8 December 2017 (UTC)

Photos marathon

Wikimedia Community User Group Greece organises a 24-day marathon of adding WLM 2017 photos in Greek Wikipedia articles. There will be two awards: 1st award 25 Euros in books and 2nd award 15 Euros in books. More details in Greek can be found: here. If there any questions please email me. -- Magioladitis (talk) 13:33, 23 December 2017 (UTC)

Seasons' Greetings

...to you and yours, from the Great White North! FWiW Bzuk (talk) 17:52, 23 December 2017 (UTC)

Articles for Creation Reviewing

Hello, Magioladitis.
AfC submissions
Random submission
3+ months
3,579 pending submissions
Purge to update

I recently sent you an invitation to join NPP, but you also might be the right candidate for another related project, AfC, which is also extremely backlogged.
Would you please consider becoming an Articles for Creation reviewer? Articles for Creation reviewers help new users learn the ropes of creating their first articles, and identify whether topics are suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia. Reviewing drafts doesn't take much time but it requires a good understanding of Wikipedia inclusion policies and guidelines; currently Wikipedia needs experienced users at this task. (After requesting to be added to the project, reviewing is not mandatory. One can do it at their convenience). But kindly read the reviewing instructions before making your decision. Thanks. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 03:07, 29 December 2017 (UTC)

Interview

An online news portal asked me and I gave an interview about Wikipedia and how I see the future of Wikipedia. It will be online soon. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:41, 3 January 2018 (UTC)

My talk on MediaWiki was uploaded on FOSSCOMM's official YouTube channel

Watch me here talking in Greek about MediaWiki and AutoWikiBrowser. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:48, 7 January 2018 (UTC)

Neat! Any possibility of getting captions on it? Primefac (talk) 14:56, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi. There is a chance I can get the slides on English at least :) .-- Magioladitis (talk) 15:18, 8 January 2018 (UTC)

Favor to ask: quick look at Nolder

I just created a short article called Nolder, and I'm wondering if you could take a look, give some feedback. It immediately received a tag for having an advertising tone, which is really odd, since nolder's aren't for sale and nothing in the article says they're good. It's a pretty technical article actually. At any rate, if you could take a look and give me some feedback, that would be great. 842U (talk) 13:06, 15 January 2018 (UTC)

Awb auto tags - ckb

Hello, can you take a look here? Thanks --Alaa :)..! 19:27, 3 February 2018 (UTC)

WP:ARCA

Hi, Magioladitis. For amendment requests, you may want to use this link: ([3]). Your current request is malformed and might be removed in the present state. Regards, Alex Shih (talk) 22:28, 15 February 2018 (UTC)

As others have said at ARCA, it'd be good if you could clarify exactly what you are asking for. At present I can't tell what change you'd like to see, and if it's not clarified then it is likely to be removed. GoldenRing (talk) 14:32, 16 February 2018 (UTC)

GoldenRing I wrote more on what I request. the current wording prohibits me from using WPCleaner from making non-"cosmetic" changes. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:58, 16 February 2018 (UTC)

Articles on Wikipedia's sexism

-- Magioladitis (talk) 16:41, 18 February 2018 (UTC)

Arbitration amendment request declined

Hi Magioladitis: The Arbitration Committee has declined the Magioladitis 2 arbitration amendment request, which you were listed as a party to. For the Arbitration Committee, Kevin (aka L235 · t · c) 22:04, 19 February 2018 (UTC)

"insulting"

What is "insulting" enough on this page to wholesale blank it?[4] It is not useful for enwiki, true, but complete removal as "insulting" seems in itself insulting. Fram (talk) 16:10, 19 February 2018 (UTC)

(talk page watcher)-@Fram:-_Whilst I have little regards for Mag's new hobby, I think the blanking was good-enough.I would have just left an additional note informing that we are not a social-networking site but rather a serious encyclopedia.~ Winged BladesGodric 16:14, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
True, but there is quite a difference between "not a social networking site" and "insulting" as the reason for blanking a page. This time it's for an editor who is long gone, next time it may be some page from someone who is still around and won't really appreciate that description. Fram (talk) 16:41, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
@Fram: C'mon give the guy a break. I believe English is a second language for him. Perhaps this isn't the best choice in edit summaries, but I think it's far from unreasonable. If I had run into that, I might have been inclined to just make a drama-free U5: Misuse of Wikipedia as a web host deletion of the page, given that this nearly decade-old edit is the only edit that Cald85caprice ever made. You could also call it vandalism. That page has some words I personally think of as uncivil at the least, and I can easily see how some people could indeed feel insulted by it. – wbm1058 (talk) 18:04, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
Magioladitis has shown sufficent proficiency in English to know the difference between two vastly different concepts such as "insulting" and "not a social network", so that excuse just doesn't cut it. No, this is part and parcel with his interpreting "obsession" as "Obsessive-Compusive Disorder" on ARCA, his attempt to change the wording of NPA, and his request at AN to have all instances of "cunt" and "pussy" removed from the project. He's on a tear about insults, and he needs to stop, because his proficiency in English is obviously not good enough to judge the subtle connotations of common English words accurately. As I've said repeatedly, M. needs to stop meta-editing, and go back to editing articles. Beyond My Ken (talk) 02:34, 20 February 2018 (UTC)

Bots Newsletter, March 2018

Bots Newsletter, March 2018

Greetings!

Here is the 5th issue of the Bots Newsletter (formerly the BAG Newletter). You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding/removing your name from this list.

Highlights for this newsletter include:

ARBCOM
BAG
BRFAs

We currently have 6 open bot requests at Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval, and could use your help processing!

Discussions

While there were no large-scale bot-related discussion in the past few months, you can check WP:BOTN and WT:BOTPOL (and their corresponding archives) for smaller issues that came up.

New things
Upcoming

Thank you! edited by: Headbomb 03:11, 3 March 2018 (UTC)


(You can subscribe or unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding or removing your name from this list.)

Hello

Hello, Magioladitisေနရွား (talk) 15:01, 4 March 2018 (UTC)

ေနရွား Hi my friend. How may I help you? -- Magioladitis (talk) 16:37, 4 March 2018 (UTC)

Neutrality

https://th.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89:22sep/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lt.Col.Thita_Manitkul

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thita_Manitkul Edit

https://th.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89:22sep/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lt.Col.Thita_Manitkul

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thita_Manitkul


English? Sry85 deleted her Thai Wikipedia And Using the Wrong English Version intentionally.How can the person who is not neutrality in politic be writing Wikipedia.— Preceding unsigned comment added by 110.171.97.171 (talk) 14:45, 6 March 2018 (UTC)

Category:Pages using deprecated image syntax

Hello, around six years ago you have created the subject header category which is used to identify pages with incorrect image syntax and is used correctly. I have recently created 'Category:Pages with incorrect dash length in scorelines' but does not have anything in there. Is there something I've missed or is there something others can do to make this page work. Iggy (Swan) 17:25, 15 March 2018 (UTC)

Perhaps @Frietjes: can help with that. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:02, 15 March 2018 (UTC)

Proposed merger of Mesoscale convective vortex into Mesovortices

Please go to Talk:Mesovortices if you have an opinion on the subject. Pierre cb (talk) 12:45, 22 March 2018 (UTC)

Yobot getting it wrong

In this edit Yobot recognised the {{geodis}} template and changed it to {{place name disambiguation}} but then went on to label it as Stub and Orphan, both of which are inappropriate for a dab page. PamD 09:47, 27 March 2018 (UTC)

PamD Thanks for the heads up. AWB's version should be updated. I will do asap. -- Magioladitis (talk) 13:41, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
Hmm, in this edit it added {{stub}}, but not {{orphan}} this time. Ah, there's a link from James Nugent, explains that. This one is a {{hndis}} rather than a {{geodis}}. PamD 14:26, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Hate to pile on, but I just noticed this edit doesn't seem to remove any invisible chars (just one normal space). Might want to check the exceptions for Task 55. Primefac (talk) 16:01, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Primefac It does. The character removed can't be shown in the edit summary. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:24, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Primefac If you tried to copy-paste the old diff then you should know that some browsers do not even let you copy the invisible character that was at the end of the paragraph. I have reported this to Mozilla for instance. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:27, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Primefac Note that the bytes change was "-2". If ther was only a space it would be "-1". Also note the "replaced:" in the edit summary which means that an invisible character was replaced by normal space. The character that was there was a no-break space (00A0). -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:34, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Hmm, you're right, my apologies. I saw the actual-space but didn't notice the -2, and it would make sense that an invisible unicode character wouldn't show up on a diff! Primefac (talk) 01:13, 29 March 2018 (UTC)

PamD The dab links list in AWB needs serious update then. I'll fix everything after the bot is done in a few hours. Very few cases I presume. It's easier to fix the ones with orphan tag and dab links. I had problems compiling to the latest revision of AWB. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:26, 28 March 2018 (UTC)

CEE Newsletter - March 2018


CEE Newsletter
Volume 2 • Issue 3 • March 2018

ContentsSingle page viewSubscribe



Delivered by: MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:08, 6 April 2018 (UTC)

AfD for Ulisses Soares

Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ulisses Soares--Hodgdon's secret garden (talk) 21:19, 16 April 2018 (UTC)

Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors!

please help translate this message into your local language via meta
  The 2017 Cure Award
In 2017 you were one of the top ~250 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you from Wiki Project Med Foundation for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date health information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do! Wiki Project Med Foundation is a user group whose mission is to improve our health content. Consider joining here, there are no associated costs.

Thanks again :-) -- Doc James along with the rest of the team at Wiki Project Med Foundation 02:57, 26 April 2018 (UTC)

Failed attempt to log in to Wikipedia as Yobot

Someone tried to break my password. They failed. -- Magioladitis (talk) 15:09, 3 May 2018 (UTC)

It isn't just you, see Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard#Please_help-_who_tried_to_break_into_my_account?, and [5]. SQLQuery me! 01:45, 4 May 2018 (UTC)

CEE Newsletter - April 2018


CEE Newsletter
Volume 2 • Issue 4 • April 2018



Delivered by: MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:19, 4 May 2018 (UTC)

I am happy that two articles were written by me :) -- Magioladitis (talk) 07:45, 6 May 2018 (UTC)

WikiJabber

I am featured in one of the futue episodes of WikiJabber :) More info (in Greek) here. -- Magioladitis (talk) 11:26, 6 May 2018 (UTC)

User:Magioladitis/AWB and orphans

  Resolved

Hi, have made changes to the essay to reflect consensus recently confirmed by rfc at village pump that only articles with no valid incoming links should be tagged as an orphan. I did this because the essay is linked to WP:Orphan but gives contradictory advice and has resulted in some editors tagging articles with 3 valid links which is now deprecated, if you disagree just revert it, thanks Atlantic306 (talk) 14:31, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

Atlantic306, can you link to the RfC please?   ~ Tom.Reding (talkdgaf)  15:09, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
The later VP discussion wasn't a rfc as I thought but it did have large participation, it's available here, thanks Atlantic306 (talk) 17:29, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

Atlantic306 thanks for doing that. -- Magioladitis (talk) 15:12, 25 May 2018 (UTC)

You've got mail

  Resolved
 
Hello, Magioladitis. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.{{u|Checkingfax}} {Talk} 09:01, 25 May 2018 (UTC)

I could do it myself using AWB but the procedure to get approval for tasks is so slow at the moment. I have applied for permission o use AWB to fix ISBNs two months ago and nobody from the BAG is able to address this. -- Magioladitis (talk) 15:07, 25 May 2018 (UTC)

I fixed them manually. -- Magioladitis (talk) 06:39, 26 May 2018 (UTC)

Message for me?

Greetings Magioladitis,

Did you leave a message for me?

Best, Daniel — Preceding unsigned comment added by Daniel.inform (talkcontribs) 22:00, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Hi Daniel.inform. No, I did not. I only removed one instance of a message that you received twice by mistake. -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:32, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Nomination of Namloyak for deletion

 

A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Namloyak is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.

The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Namloyak until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.

Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Shobhit102 | talk  05:02, 30 May 2018 (UTC)

CEE Newsletter - May 2018


CEE Newsletter
Volume 2 • Issue 5 • May 2018

ContentsSingle page viewSubscribe



Delivered by: MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:08, 10 June 2018 (UTC)

Yobot issue.

Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Curtis_H._Barnette&type=revision&diff=832765229&oldid=829086676 , changing the invisible characters to spaces caused all of the paragraphs to be boxed (because now the start with ' '). Not sure what can be done about this. :(Naraht (talk) 20:34, 13 June 2018 (UTC)

  Fixed. – Jonesey95 (talk) 02:40, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
Will the Yobot be operational again?--BabbaQ (talk) 16:44, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
It depends. Any discussion for the future for the kind of fixes Yobot does seems to be stalling or moving very slowly... -- Magioladitis (talk) 18:01, 15 June 2018 (UTC)

Nomination of Charles I. Ecker for deletion

 

As a previous editor to the entry, I'm giving you a heads up that a discussion is taking place as to whether the article Charles I. Ecker is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.

The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Charles I. Ecker until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.

Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article.Bangabandhu (talk) 16:41, 16 June 2018 (UTC)

The First Three Minutes

Hello Magioladitis, please have a look here and leave your opinion if interested. Thank you. Herbmuell (talk) 11:57, 24 June 2018 (UTC)

BAGBot: Your bot request Yobot 59

Someone has marked Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/Yobot 59 as needing your input. Please visit that page to reply to the requests. Thanks! AnomieBOT 23:34, 25 June 2018 (UTC) To opt out of these notifications, place {{bots|optout=operatorassistanceneeded}} anywhere on this page.

CEE Newsletter - June/July 2018


CEE Newsletter
Volume 2 • Issue 6 • June/July 2018

ContentsSingle page viewSubscribe



Delivered by: MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:34, 18 July 2018 (UTC)

Missing archives

User talk:Magioladitis/Archive 3 ends in February 2012, but User talk:Magioladitis/Archive 4 begins in June 2014. Where have the threads in between gone to? --Redrose64 🌹 (talk) 16:44, 7 July 2018 (UTC)

User:Redrose64 I am afraid they are somewhere in the edit history. Parts can be found here and here. I did an error some time ago and the archived were messed up. -- Magioladitis (talk) 17:30, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
User:Redrose64 Something particular you are lookig for? How could I help you find it? -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:51, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
It was for this. If I use a permalink, as here, it might not pick up the final version of a thread, so I try to link to the archived copy. --Redrose64 🌹 (talk) 09:47, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
User:Redrose64 Nice. I apologise for the Talk page mess up but it was partially my fault and partially a fact that in the early days I was doing the archiving manually and then a bot followed. Trying to merge things caused a chaos. -- Magioladitis (talk) 13:19, 21 July 2018 (UTC)

Faces of Wikipedia

 
Me

In this year's Wikimania there is a photo excibition called "Faces of Wikipedia". I have the honour to be one of these faces. -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:03, 22 July 2018 (UTC)

I think that I prefer the stroopwaffel one from London 2014. Not as frightening. --Redrose64 🌹 (talk) 19:10, 22 July 2018 (UTC)
Haha. Nobody wants a serious of me :( -- Magioladitis (talk) 06:48, 23 July 2018 (UTC)

Happy First Edit Day

  Hey, Magioladitis. I'd like to wish you a wonderful First Edit Day on behalf of the Wikipedia Birthday Committee!
Have a great day!
Kpgjhpjm 03:39, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
 

Podcast WikiJabber

The podcast episode with my view on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia movement is scheduled for Jul 31, 2018. -- Magioladitis (talk) 08:20, 27 July 2018 (UTC)

35 minutes with Sebastian Wallroth. Listen to me interview. -- Magioladitis (talk) 23:10, 31 July 2018 (UTC)

Grandmaster Editor

I am officially considered as Grandmaster Editor thanks to my years of service to Wikimedia Movement, Wikimedia based on the number of my edits and the time I spent to the project. -- Magioladitis (talk) 08:49, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

Magioladitis ARCA

Your clarification request has been closed and archived to Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Magioladitis#Clarification_request:_Magioladitis_1_&_2_(August_2018). Best, Kevin (aka L235 · t · c) 19:48, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Two comments

Do not reply to this

I saw you wrote "Again, "flooding watchlists" was never directly connected to COSMETICBOT." on July 19. This is patently false. See WP:BOTDIC#Flooding in particular. That you fail to understand this, even now, leads me to believe the restriction will never be lifted. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 21:53, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Reply to this if you want

You can freely add/remove things to WP:CWERRORS. What you can't do is classify/reclassify them as cosmetic or not cosmetic, get involved in those discussions in anyway, or deploy bots/use semi-automation to tackle them (cosmetic or not) without prior BRFAs/consensus. If you want to add a new WP:CWERRORS fix, just leave the cosmetic column alone or put a ? in it and let someone else decide the classification. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 21:53, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

This change happened after my case and in fact I was not aware since I did not have this page in my watchlist. So this means my actions contributed to define things better and in a more explicit way. It's clear that the two ArbCom cases imporoved the texting on Wikipedia policies and manuals. This will lead in peacuful coexistence in the future inside the community and probably reduce conflicts that were happening for years. Are there any other pages that now mention the same policy after 2017?

I asked from ArbCom clarification on the CWERRORS on whether they will ask the community to help with the column I can't touch. They won't take any action. -- Magioladitis (talk) 07:09, 7 August 2018 (UTC)

ARBCOM doesn't need to ask anything of anyone here. Let things happen naturally. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 12:44, 7 August 2018 (UTC)

Women in Red World Contest

Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!

Thanks, Magioladitis (talk) 14:01, 9 August 2018 (UTC)

Bots Newsletter, August 2018

Bots Newsletter, August 2018

Greetings!

Here is the 6th issue of the Bots Newsletter. You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding/removing your name from this list.

Highlights for this newsletter include:

ARBCOM
  • Nothing particular important happened. Those who care already know, those who don't know wouldn't care. The curious can dig ARBCOM archives themselves.
BAG
  • There were no changes in BAG membership since the last Bots Newsletter. Headbomb went from semi-active to active.
  • In the last 3 months, only 3 BAG members have closed requests - help is needed with the backlog.
BOTREQs and BRFAs

As of writing, we have...

Also

Discussions

These are some of the discussions that happened / are still happening since the last Bots Newsletter. Many are stale, but some are still active.

New things

Thank you! edited by: Headbomb 15:04, 18 August 2018 (UTC)


(You can subscribe or unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding or removing your name from this list.)

Next week in Lviv

For those who want to discuss about the future of semi-automated editing with me I will be in CEE meeting in Lviv next week. -- Magioladitis (talk) 10:06, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Yobot

I hope that the Yobot is activated soon again for a while. It's needed.BabbaQ (talk) 14:33, 5 October 2018 (UTC) BabbaQ

  • Sure. It will soon. The discussion in the community seems to be in a good state. Policies are formulated that will allow Yobot and other similar bots to function without problems. --- Magioladitis (talk) 20:31, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

Suggest

Hi, the article Le SuperClub Vidéotron is up to date but the same in Wikipedia in French Here is out of date, with this text source of this: Sandbox, you could select all the text source of that page, copy the text source and then paste the text source on the article in Wikipedia in French, don’t forget to remove the actual text source of the article, the text source will work correctly on Wikipedia in French.

I don’t know why, I tried but I’m not able, maybe because that I don’t have account.

Thank you to do that for me, the article will be better after with the logo of today and a more appropriate color infobox...✋😀--72.51.45.70 (talk) 15:07, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

I'll have a look. Thanks for contacting me. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:31, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

The text source of the sandbox is almost exactly the same that the text source of the article, it’s faster to do: select the text source, copy it and paste it, if you find other errors, you can correct them.

Don’t forget that now the result on the sandbox looks bad, but it will looks great on Wikipedia in French, it’s a text source appropriated for Wikipedia in French.✋😀--72.51.44.62 (talk) 21:32, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

Don’t forget to take a look!✋😀--76.74.152.204 (talk) 20:50, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

In three weeks in Sofia

For those who want to discuss about the future of semi-automated editing with me I will be in an edit party in Sofia the first week of November. -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:56, 16 October 2018 (UTC)

Edit party in Sofia!

Edit-a-thon organised by Goethe Institut. More info can be found here. -- Magioladitis (talk) 13:36, 25 October 2018 (UTC)

ARCA

Magioladitis, please carefully follow the instructions at WP:ARCA and file a proper ARCA request. I also suggest you detail why you feel the restrictions placed against you should be lifted. Mkdw talk 20:04, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

Hwo do I file a proper request? -- Magioladitis (talk) 20:46, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
By following the instructions. Mkdw talk 21:24, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

Welcome back!

Hi, Magio! Welcome back, bro. I am so happy to see you active again on enwiki. Hopefully the restrictions on you will be lifted soon and we will be able to benefit from your contributions here as soon as possible. Just wanted to say that I missed you a lot in the past months. (You know, I, too, was on a wikibreak in the past few months but I am now back.) Wishing you the best in your life. Your friend always... --Meno25 (talk) 22:01, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

Hi Meno25! I am always around! I am mainly working in outreach and I have little time to edit. Hopefully I will be given back the tools that will save me time from making tedious tasks manually. -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:46, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

Talk at the New Bulgarian University

This week I am giving a short talk at the New Bulgarian University. -- Magioladitis (talk) 13:48, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Monuments in Thessaloniki

This Friday we will be in Goethe-Institut Thessaloniki for Wiki Loves Monuments. If you want to discuss about Wikipedia we are waiting for you. -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:14, 11 November 2018 (UTC)

ArbCom 2018 election voter message

 Hello, Magioladitis. Voting in the 2018 Arbitration Committee elections is now open until 23.59 on Sunday, 3 December. All users who registered an account before Sunday, 28 October 2018, made at least 150 mainspace edits before Thursday, 1 November 2018 and are not currently blocked are eligible to vote. Users with alternate accounts may only vote once.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2018 election, please review the candidates and submit your choices on the voting page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:42, 19 November 2018 (UTC)

Precious anniversary

Precious
 
Five years!

--Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:23, 21 November 2018 (UTC)

ARCA archived

Your clarification request has been archived at Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Magioladitis 2#Clarification request: Magioladitis (November 2018). For the Arbitration Committee, Miniapolis 18:11, 26 November 2018 (UTC)

Today via google hangouts

A group of Wikimedians residing in Cyprus are holding an online discussion about Wikipedia. The language of the discussion will be English and it will be held via Google Hangouts. Tutor will be Marios Magioladitis, an experienced Wikimedia editor from Greece and member of Wikimedia Community User Group Greece. More info here. -- Magioladitis (talk) 12:47, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Italian name of a page

Hi. I found a page called "Lago di Ceresole", which is an Italian lake. Why isn't the page called "Ceresole Lake", instead? 95.253.203.9 (talk) 14:49, 10 December 2018 (UTC)

Proposed Deletion of Action Deafness

I noticed you've done some work on Action Deafness. Just to let you know, I've nominated it for deletion. You can see the discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/December 2018#Action Deafness.CircleGirl (talk) 01:56, 12 December 2018 (UTC)

Clarification request closed

Hi Magioladitis, your clarification request has been closed. Best, Kevin (aka L235 · t · c) 21:06, 22 December 2018 (UTC)

WP Project tagging requested

I have requested that the {{WikiProject Soil}} project tag be added to article talk pages in 39 categories. Project notification is posted. If Yobot is available, I would appreciate your review and consideration of the request. Much appreciated. -- Paleorthid (talk) 23:25, 6 January 2019 (UTC)

Followup - I also asked bot operators Legoktm (talk · contribs) and Kingpin13 (talk · contribs) for review and consideration of my project tagging request. -- Paleorthid (talk) 17:02, 7 January 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Monuments in Athens

Next week we will be in Goethe-Institut Athens for Wiki Loves Monuments award ceremony. If you want to discuss about Wikipedia we are waiting for you. -- Magioladitis (talk) 22:08, 23 January 2019 (UTC)

Merger discussion for KidZui

An article that you have been involved in editing—KidZui—has been proposed for merging with another article. If you are interested, please participate in the merger discussion. Thank you. Mrwoogi010 17:03, 5 February 2019 (UTC)

Next week in Corfu

On Tuesday, Februay 19 I am giving a talk "The gender cap in IT: The Wikipedia case" at Corfu Tech Lab. -- Magioladitis (talk) 05:43, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

Δικαιώματα στον AutoWikiBrowser για την Ελληνική Βικιπαίδεια

Καλησπέρα,
Ξεκίνησα μια προσπάθεια να μειώσω τα λάθη που βρίσκονται στον κατάλογο Check Wikipedia:
https://tools.wmflabs.org/checkwiki/cgi-bin/checkwiki.cgi?project=elwiki&view=project
Θεωρώ ότι με τον AutoWikiBrowser θα μπορώ να δουλέψω μαζικότερα αν τον μάθω. Αιτήθηκα για δικαιώματα στην αγγλική έκδοση στην αγγλική σελίδα, αλλά δεν μπορώ να βρω την αντίστοιχη για να κάνω αίτηση για το ελληνικό κομμάτι. Μπορείς να με βοηθήσεις;
Ευχαριστώ εκ των προτέρων.--Αρκάς (talk) 01:33, 6 February 2019 (UTC)

Αρκάς θα σου απαντήσω στην Ελληνική Βικιπαίδεια. Κάθε βοήθεια ευπρόσδεκτη. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:43, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

Οκ, ευχαριστώ. Πρόσβαση πήρα, απλά περιμένω μια βοήθεια αν μπορώ να προσθέτω αυτόματα παραπομπές με το <references/> έναντι του {{reflist}}. Αρκάς (talk) 22:03, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

question

Please see my talk page. What do you think I should do at this point? Keep editing while the ANI is active or stop? Try to answer/comment in the ANI or not (I don't want to create an argument)? I am not experienced in this sort of thing. Thanks Hmains (talk) 16:53, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

You can edit, but you should stop using AWB while the discussion is going on. Headbomb {t · c · p · b} 18:51, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

Hmains I think we should initiate a larger discussion on these matters. All ANI's, arbCom cases so far have been about individuals while it seems there is a repeated pattern here of conflicts on which edits are acceptable and in which edit ratio. I am still waiting for this discussion to happen and I asked in many occassions the ArbCom members to initiate this discussion. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:41, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

  • Thanks anyway, but I decline to be involved in what may be conflicts. Hmains (talk) 22:46, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

Wikipedia Isn’t Officially a Social Network. But the Harassment Can Get Ugly

Harassement on Wikipedia: [6]. -- Magioladitis (talk) 21:58, 8 April 2019 (UTC)

Interesting article, but harassment on Wikipedia isn't limited to LBGT group memberss or women. Unfortunately, they get all the media and Foundation attention. Since I'm one of the over-represented "straight male" editors, my type of harassment is ignored by the WMF. I was viciously harassed for over five years by a gang of hackers because I "dissed" one of their friends once. I've also had genitals posted to my user page, but not my email. All of this was done by users using dynamic IPs and proxys. While I look forward to partial blocks being implemented, I think more drastic measures need to be taken. Hopefully before someone is killed. - BilCat (talk) 22:23, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Yes, I agree that discussing the harassment, in general, is an important issue which the community has to take a closer look at it. I have found many racistic, insulting comments in talk pages in the past which they not only need to be deleted but also histdeleted. I recall occasions that they have told me that removing these comments is not a priority because of the many human (or bot) resources it would need for that. I think it's mainly a matter of decision. -- Magioladitis (talk) 18:03, 9 April 2019 (UTC)

Change a school name

  Resolved

Sir I requested to you please change the school name (residential not resident) original name residential shivram singh inter college. Thanks you user:Mayank123456 srivastava12:28 ,13 April (UTC). Mayank123456 srivastava (talk) 06:59, 13 April 2019 (UTC)

(talk page watcher) The school's name, from its website, seems to be Shiv Ram Singh Inter College, so I have moved the article to that title. PamD 11:53, 13 April 2019 (UTC)

Seeking Support

Dear sir I'm new here in the world Wikipedia I need more encouragement from, my mentor like you to give me some advice that make ebullient and to strive willingness to contributes in Wikipedia and wiki media Mustaphajajjage (talk) 10:05, 2 May 2019 (UTC)

Mustaphajajjage feel free to contact me whenever you need advice! -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:56, 2 May 2019 (UTC)

Inquiry from a Public Relations Representative for Cantel on Assessing Wikipedia Article

Hello Magioladitis,

My name is Saralynn and I am a Public Relations professional at GCI Health, an agency specializing in healthcare. We’re reaching out on behalf of our clients at Cantel to potentially update outdated information found on the Cantel Medical Corporation Wikipedia page.

We’re reaching out to you because we know Wikipedia users depend on active, qualified editors for accurate and supported articles. We felt that given your notable experience editing Wikipedia pages, you might be interested in reviewing this page through the lens of updating older information.

To further disclose our position, we are aware that per Wikipedia’s guidelines, neither the company nor the company’s representatives can make direct edits to Wikipedia pages. Respecting these rules, our priority is ensuring that the Wiki has the most up-to-date information – we’re reaching out in the hopes you may be able to assess the current state of the page against publicly available information on Cantel to make accurate and appropriate updates.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Best regards, SLK2019 (talk) 20:42, 31 May 2019 (UTC)

Yobot

Will the Yobot be operational again at any time?BabbaQ (talk) 13:36, 20 May 2019 (UTC)

I am still waiting for the community to decide on WP:CWERRORS. It seems the discussion is not happening over a year now and I am not allowed to initiate the discussion again. So we are just waiting I guess. -- Magioladitis (talk) 09:43, 21 May 2019 (UTC)

I'll, most probably, resume Yobot activities next week. -- Magioladitis (talk) 21:58, 10 June 2019 (UTC)

Great.BabbaQ (talk) 13:19, 4 July 2019 (UTC)

Woohoo

  Hey, Magioladitis. I'd like to wish you a wonderful First Edit Day on behalf of the Wikipedia Birthday Committee!
Have a great day!
Mjs1991 (talk) 05:39, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
 

Mjs1991 Wow! thank you very much!!! I am getting old but I won't forget my first edit. :) -- Magioladitis (talk) 16:20, 25 July 2019 (UTC)

Bots Newsletter, August 2019

Bots Newsletter, August 2019

Greetings!

Here is the 7th issue of the Bots Newsletter, a lot happened since last year's newsletter! You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding/removing your name from this list.

Highlights for this newsletter include:

ARBCOM
  • Nothing of note happened. Just like we like it.
BAG

BAG members are expected to be active on Wikipedia to have their finger on the pulse of the community. After two years without any bot-related activity (such as posting on bot-related pages, posting on a bot's talk page, or operating a bot), BAG members will be retired from BAG following a one-week notice. Retired members can re-apply for BAG membership as normal if they wish to rejoin the BAG.

We thank former members for their service and wish Madman a happy retirement. We note that Madman and BU Rob13 were not inactive and could resume their BAG positions if they so wished, should their retirements happens to be temporary.

BOTDICT

Two new entries feature in the bots dictionary

BOTPOL
  • Activity requirements: BAG members now have an activity requirement. The requirements are very light, one only needs to be involved in a bot-related area at some point within the last two years. For purpose of meeting these requirements, discussing a bot-related matter anywhere on Wikipedia counts, as does operating a bot (RFC).
  • Copyvio flag: Bot accounts may be additionally marked by a bureaucrat upon BAG request as being in the "copyviobot" user group on Wikipedia. This flag allows using the API to add metadata to edits for use in the New pages feed (discussion). There is currently 1 bot using this functionality.
  • Mass creation: The restriction on mass-creation (semi-automated or automated) was extended from articles, to all content-pages. There are subtleties, but content here broadly means whatever a reader could land on when browsing the mainspace in normal circumstances (e.g. Mainspace, Books, most Categories, Portals, ...). There is also a warning that WP:MEATBOT still applies in other areas (e.g. Redirects, Wikipedia namespace, Help, maintenance categories, ...) not explicitely covered by WP:MASSCREATION.
BOTREQs and BRFAs

As of writing, we have...

  • 20 active BOTREQs, please help if you can!
  • 14 open BRFAs and 1 BRFA in need of BAG attention (see live status).
  • In 2018, 96 bot task were approved. An AWB search shows approximately 29 were withdrawn/expired, and 6 were denied.
  • Since the start of 2019, 97 bot task were approved. Logs show 15 were withdrawn/expired, and 15 were denied.
  • 10 inactive bots have been deflagged (see discussion). 5 other bots have been deflagged per operator requests or similar (see discussion).
New things
Other discussions

These are some of the discussions that happened / are still happening since the last Bots Newsletter. Many are stale, but some are still active.

See also the latest discussions at the bot noticeboard.

Thank you! edited by: Headbomb 17:24, 7 August 2019 (UTC)


(You can subscribe or unsubscribe from future newsletters by adding or removing your name from this list.)

IFLA in Athens

For those in Athens these days, today there is a talk about Wikipedia during IFLA. A talk about Wikidata is scheduled for tomorrow. I am participating at the Conference,s o if there is anyone around please contact me. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:29, 25 August 2019 (UTC)

AWB

Hi Magioladitis, I just installed AWB after not using for quite some time. However, when I click on the application to open it, it says it's unable to load "jit compiler (mscorjit.dll) file may be missing or corrupt". Is there something I need to download for this? Sorry for the trouble.--Mjs1991 (talk) 05:54, 19 August 2019 (UTC)

Mjs1991 perpahps Sam can help with that? -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:30, 25 August 2019 (UTC)

You've got mail!

 
Hello, Magioladitis. Please check your email; you've got mail!
Message added 14:50, 6 September 2019 (UTC). It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

CYBERPOWER (Chat) 14:50, 6 September 2019 (UTC)

Grouping RfD nominations

Your nominations of template redirects are sort of clogging up the recent RfD logs. I think you should make more group nominations, so the discussions are easier to handle and don't essentially duplicate each other. (This is just a suggestion; don't feel forced to.) Geolodus (talk) 12:23, 10 September 2019 (UTC)

Geolodus Yes, it is a nice idea. Thanks for the heads up. -- Magioladitis (talk) 12:26, 10 September 2019 (UTC)

AWB puzzle in Commons

Up to yesterday, I had no problems using AWB in Commons but now when I try to logon I get a "Login failed {white x in red circle] aborted" box. Any ideas what might have gone wrong? Thanks Hmains (talk) 03:24, 11 September 2019 (UTC)

Hmains maybe some changes in Mediawiki login? I'll check it and come back to you. -- Magioladitis (talk) 06:04, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
  • Any news? By the way, I installed the latest version of AWB and restarted my machine. Same problem. Hmains (talk) 17:05, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Hmains Per User:Reedy this may be connected to the recent DoD attack. I am away from home so I can't check it. -- Magioladitis (talk) 11:19, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
The problem turned out to be that I was using a password that was too short. But nothing at all told me it was a password problem that I had to fix; someone else made a good guess. Hmains (talk) 01:02, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Hmains oops. I should have thought about it because I faced the same problem. --- Magioladitis (talk) 09:27, 29 September 2019 (UTC)

CEE meeting

I will be in Belgrade for a week if any Wikimedian wants to meet me. I would be more than happy to discuss about the future of bots in English Wikipedia. -- Magioladitis (talk) 07:56, 10 October 2019 (UTC)

A survey to improve the community consultation outreach process

Hello!

The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to improve the community consultation outreach process for Foundation policies, and we are interested in why you didn't participate in a recent consultation that followed a community discussion you’ve been part of.

Please fill out this short survey to help us improve our community consultation process for the future. It should only take about three minutes.

The privacy policy for this survey is here. This survey is a one-off request from us related to this unique topic.

Thank you for your participation, Kbrown (WMF) 10:44, 13 November 2019 (UTC)

My pleasure to give feedback on this. -- Magioladitis (talk) 19:38, 14 November 2019 (UTC)

ArbCom 2019 election voter message

 Hello! Voting in the 2019 Arbitration Committee elections is now open until 23:59 on Monday, 2 December 2019. All eligible users are allowed to vote. Users with alternate accounts may only vote once.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2019 election, please review the candidates and submit your choices on the voting page. If you no longer wish to receive these messages, you may add {{NoACEMM}} to your user talk page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 00:08, 19 November 2019 (UTC)

review a draft article

hello Magioladitis,

Could I please ask you to review and comment on this draft article? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Hanoch_Senderowitz

Prof. Senderowitz is a chemist, head of the Chemistry department at BIU. Senderowitz specializing in the fields of Computational Chemistry, Molecular modeling, Computer-Aided Drug Design, and Chemoinformatics. His academic advisor was W. Clark Still (I see that you edited Still's article).

Many thanks,Uw0v5033 (talk) 15:26, 21 November 2019 (UTC)

Google Code-In 2019 is coming - please mentor some documentation tasks!

Hello,

Google Code-In, Google-organized contest in which the Wikimedia Foundation participates, starts in a few weeks. This contest is about taking high school students into the world of opensource. I'm sending you this message because you recently edited a documentation page at the English Wikipedia.

I would like to ask you to take part in Google Code-In as a mentor. That would mean to prepare at least one task (it can be documentation related, or something else - the other categories are Code, Design, Quality Assurance and Outreach) for the participants, and help the student to complete it. Please sign up at the contest page and send us your Google account address to google-code-in-admins@lists.wikimedia.org, so we can invite you in!

From my own experience, Google Code-In can be fun, you can make several new friends, attract new people to your wiki and make them part of your community.

If you have any questions, please let us know at google-code-in-admins@lists.wikimedia.org.

Thank you!

--User:Martin Urbanec (talk) 21:59, 23 November 2019 (UTC)

Please sign your ARCA posts

  Resolved

Hi Magioladitis. Please sign your posts (~~~~) at ARCA, making sure you add a signature after each fresh comment. This helps us understand when you made each comment. Thanks, AGK ■ 14:32, 12 December 2019 (UTC)

Done. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:40, 12 December 2019 (UTC)

Precious anniversary

Precious
 
Six years!

--Gerda Arendt (talk) 09:22, 22 November 2019 (UTC)

Thanks! -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:41, 12 December 2019 (UTC)

Draft:Misato Murai

Hi Magioladitis. I made a draft of a japanese voice actress Draft:Misato Murai. She is a new voice actress and voice characters in famous animes and video games. she did a lead role in Stand My heroes: Piece of Truth and has attracted alot of attention. I add all the sources which i found about her. Can you published this page.(39.43.113.98 (talk) 07:45, 15 December 2019 (UTC))

"МHC Spartak" listed at Redirects for discussion

An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect МHC Spartak. Since you had some involvement with the МHC Spartak redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you wish to do so. Pkbwcgs (talk) 16:12, 2 January 2020 (UTC)

ARCA motion

A motion has been proposed concerning your amendment request. For the Arbitration Committee, Miniapolis 17:54, 4 January 2020 (UTC)

Arbitration motion regarding Magioladitis

The Arbitration Committee has resolved by motion that:

Remedy 3: AWB prohibition of the Magioladitis case is lifted subject to a probationary period lasting 1 year from the date this motion is enacted. During this period, any uninvolved administrator may re-impose the remedy as an arbitration enforcement action, subject to appeal only to the Arbitration Committee. If the probationary period elapses without incident, the restriction is to be considered permanently lifted. For clarity, Magioladitis (talk · contribs)' prohibition on making cosmetic edits will remain in force.

For the Arbitration Committee, CodeLyokotalk 07:20, 8 January 2020 (UTC)

Discuss this at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard#Arbitration motion regarding Magioladitis

Kingbotk plugin

Hi, I hope you're well. I think I may have posted this query somewhere else before, but I can't find it, so here goes: Is the Kingbotk plugin deprecated/obsolete, or still functional? The reason I ask is that the plugin page is tagged as {{historical}} (the edit summary was "the plugin no longer works with WP:MILITARY and WP:INDIA templates"). Please ping me if you reply. Thanks. --kingboyk (talk) 18:30, 12 February 2020 (UTC)

Nomination of Maoist Communist Party (Italy) for deletion

 

A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Maoist Communist Party (Italy) is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.

The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Maoist Communist Party (Italy) until a consensus is reached, and anyone, including you, is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.

Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Scia Della Cometa (talk) 15:19, 9 March 2020 (UTC)

creating a sports agency company

Hi

I would love to create a page of Duello Sports Management, its a sport agency of mixed martial arts and others. they currently has fighters like Kate Jackson, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Mark Godbeer, and many others who are currently fighting in UFC, Bellator and more. www.duellogroup.com

Would love to get an help from you to create that. If you need any link with proof pleas feel free My email address is gokhanboxing@hotmail.com

Best Regards

Kogan — Preceding unsigned comment added by KoganLevy (talkcontribs) 17:11, 14 May 2020 (UTC)

Starter kit for smaller wikis

Hello, and greetings! As part of a Starter kit project for smaller wikis, there is a work-in-progress guide around Bots & Tools here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Starter_kit/Bots_and_Tools. I'm reaching out with a few questions, as there is a mention of the Yobot on this page in the list of useful bots section:

  • Is it okay to have the bot listed in that section? Are there any concerns?
  • Would you be okay with folks from smaller wikis reaching out to you for help, and would you be willing to list your preferred method of contact under "Bot owner contact"?
  • Is there anything like a note or reminder related to the bot that you would like to add in the "description" column?

Additionally, if you have a suggestion for any other bots or tools currently on the list which should not be there and those that are not there and should be there, I would love to know about them—looking forward to your input! Srishti (talk) 07:52, 29 May 2020 (UTC)

Hello Srishti. Thanks for contacting me. Yes, it is okay to have the bot listed in that section. I would be happy to help. I am OK with any way of contact. I'll have a look and give you more feedback. -- Magioladitis (talk) 00:22, 30 May 2020 (UTC)

Query re- John Kirwan page edit

  vgwhelan@gmail.com
Hi, I am researching local Dunlavin History and I am interested to know where the Dunlavin connection between John Kirwan originated from as we have no records of him in the Parish records. I would be delighted if you could elaborate and shed some light! Keep up the good work! https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Kirwan&oldid=525298523

Email- vgwhelan@gmail.com Jameswhelan90 (talk) 08:58, 3 June 2020 (UTC)

Happy First Edit Day!

Help related to Yobot

Hey there, Magioladitis!

I saw your bot in the starter kit for small wikis. I'm an admin at SqWiki. I liked the idea of a bot helping in categories in general but I'm not really sure if your bot can help us. The reason I say that is because I don't know how much intelligent the bot is and what's its full range of capacity. SqWiki is really a mess with categories in general and our WikiProjects basically have all gone inactive. Can you explain to me what Yobot can and can't do with the categorizing process in general? Maybe it can help us in having more clear, standardized categories, a mission only these days we've started treating with seriousness. - Klein Muçi (talk) 15:10, 8 August 2020 (UTC)

Yobot's edit to VIA Iveria

Yobot's edit to that article (diff) added a lot of maintenance tags to such a short (one-paragraph) article... I'm just wondering if that's reasonable, or overkill? ~EdGl! 13:22, 10 September 2020 (UTC)

(talk page stalker) First, that edit was made in 2015. Second, the bot fixed a broken multiple issues template. It didn't change the content, it just made the issues display as the original editor intended. – Jonesey95 (talk) 13:42, 10 September 2020 (UTC)
Oh I see; I clearly did not take a close enough look at the date or the edit! Thanks ~EdGl! 14:10, 10 September 2020 (UTC)

Category:Pages using deprecated image syntax has been nominated for deletion

 

Category:Pages using deprecated image syntax has been nominated for deletion. A discussion is taking place to decide whether this proposal complies with the categorization guidelines. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the categories for discussion page. Thank you. EEng 05:30, 5 October 2020 (UTC)

Translation of AutoWikiBrowser

(I do not speak English, I used Google translate)

Hello, is it possible to translate AutoWikiBrowser into Hebrew? Can you help me with that? Thanks in advance, עמד (talk) 18:26, 31 October 2020 (UTC)

Consecutive edits

Hello Magioladitis. What is the point of editing eight times an article within five minutes, every day, just to add only one row in a table? See COVID-19 pandemic in Greece (e.g. 24 consecutive edits for three table rows or 9 for one table row). Why do you add Greek text in the intermediate article versions? With such edits, the current oldid number will soar! Couldn't this be made all at once? Regards. --Ideawipik (talk) 21:21, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Due to network overload I have a problem keeping my connection up. It sometimes takes 2 minutes to just load the page. Yesterday, someone edited the page while I was editing the page and everything got messed up. -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:52, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
This specific page is too heavy for my network connection at the moment -- Magioladitis (talk) 14:53, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for the prompt reply. If you have connection issues, it is even more surprising to ear that you save the page and wait for loading several times. Why do you need to save a version with an intermediate text that is removed later. The page is not so busy, however, in order to avoid edit conflicts or text loss, may I suggest you to prepare the text in an external notepad? Moreover, quick successive editing is likely to cause edit conflicts with watchlist followers. A single edit isn't. See Wikipedia:Avoiding edit-conflicts. Nothing more. Best regards. --Ideawipik (talk) 17:41, 16 November 2020 (UTC)

good to see you back!

I am actually relieved. After I sent you the email, I tracked your global contributions for two-three days, and didn't see you active. Then I saw that a wikipedia contributor passed away cuz of COVID, and the worst possibility came to my mind. I am very glad to see you safe. By the way, I solved the problem I had emailed you about. Then ran into another problem, and solved that one too. Also, it was fun to see message from Stian in your talkpage, and the conversation with Ideawipik. The latter lol'ed me. See you around :) —usernamekiran (talk) 23:05, 16 November 2020 (UTC)

usernamekiran Thank you very much for the kind words! -- Magioladitis (talk) 17:59, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Return to the user page of "Magioladitis/Archive 6".