Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page
- Editing, policy, conduct, and structure tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- Merging, redirecting, and renaming pages
- If you're ready for the complete list of Wikipedia documentation, there's also Wikipedia:Topical index.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! By the way, please be sure to sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to produce your name and the current date, or three tildes (~~~) for just your name. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Samw 11:28, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
Re: my talk pageEdit
I've recently returned from a sort of vacation, so I doubt you're still checking my talk page from a response. Anyway, you might want to look at RationalWiki. omg ShiftPlusOne 05:18, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
Actually, I might not be one of the best people to consult, as I am not an administrator. But I'll do the best I can;
- Since the user doesn't contribute using English, he might not be vandalizing at all; he might just speak another language.
- This could be a stretch, but it's worth a shot: ask him what language he is contributing in.
- For the final step, convince the user to leave the English Wikipedia and transfer to the Wikipedia of his primary language. I warned him for vandalism because most of those on the English Wikipedia probably wouldn't know what he was talking about. But who knows? His work might be grandly accepted on the Wikipedia that speaks his language.
- If the above fails, and if Ahonen refuses to listen, consider either a multi-month or indefinite block, and if things get worse than that, permanently ban him from Wikipedia.
If his vandalism continues, consider the fourth option (assuming a higher power doesn't beat you first). Don't get me wrong, I am still concerned about him; in this revision, he deleted my warning. Please monitor his edits very closely, and if his threat to Wikipedia heightens, don't be afraid to contact me or an administrator. Thank you for your time. --Dylan620 (Home • yadda yadda yadda • Ooooohh!) 01:17, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
OK, I will get back to the article with full details sometime in the future. Next time I will label the article H.R.Wilkinson because I have the impression that prosopographies are titled Name initial, Middle Name initial, Surname. He is one of the most British geographers of the 20th century and played a role in British politics. He is dead. By the way, who asked for its deletion? Just out of curiosity, not hurt feelings I can asure you. Thanks.Politis (talk) 12:36, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I asked for it, but one of the admins confirmed it before deleting. If you can provide a few sources, I would be glad to help restart the article. Usually, providing links to other articles and a reliable source or two can just be enough to prevent it from being deleted. --Macrowiz (talk) 13:50, 27 November 2008 (UTC)