|Please don't template me! Everybody makes mistakes, and this user finds user warning templates impersonal and disrespectful. If there's something you'd like to say, please take a moment to write a comment below in your own words.|
- @MJL: The original version of that answer said "endopedian", but MetaWiki said the correct word was "metapedian", and I linked it thereto to avoid confusion. I do not wish to have such misrepresentation, but I don't think any has currently resulted. I could change it back if you think that's appropriate. – John M Wolfson (talk • contribs) 15:18, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
my question at your RfAEdit
Hi. I apologise for my odd question at your RfA, and also for this delayed message. But I am glad that you havent been online since I posted the question there. I just wanted to know, kindly dont take the question seriously. Well, the second part actually. You may take the first part seriously. I hope your RfA succeeds. Best wishes :) —usernamekiran (talk) 15:07, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
Cheating by jumping the gun, but unopposed at >150 supports with an hour to go - congratulations are in order. Feel free to reach out if you ever need a second opinion. Cheers! GirthSummit (blether) 16:52, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
Your successful RFAEdit
Here is a totally not-template-created message to let you know you (of course) were successful in your RFA. The downside of this bespoke notice is that I don't remember any of the links to the fancy places like WP:ADMIN, but if you've got questions, I'm sure you can find someone to help out. Primefac (talk) 18:30, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations on your successful RfA. Well deserved —Nnadigoodluck███ 18:31, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations John! I'm excited to work with you in the admin corps. Someone will drop off the customary swag shortly, I'm sure . One essay I like to highlight for every new sysop is WP:MUSHROOM, which is worth a read and potentially a bookmark. Best, Kevin (alt of L235 · t · c) 18:32, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats! I assume the pages Primefac is referring to would be WP:ADMINGUIDE and WP:NEWMOP. bibliomaniac15 18:35, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- I usually support per Precious but was busy and saw you didn't need it ;) - best wishes --Gerda Arendt (talk) 18:48, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats on this well deserved milestone! Looking forward to our continued interactions at WP:ITN and WP:ITNRD amongst other places. Good luck. Ktin (talk) 18:52, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations on your RFA John. Very well deserved!, Happy blocking! :). –Davey2010Talk 18:53, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats. Foxnpichu (talk) 18:57, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations! I am so impressed by how smoothly the process went and the unanimity of the vote. You deserve it! Best, Yoninah (talk) 19:06, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Ignore the above advice. Go out there, delete the main page, block Jimbo and generally enjoy the power! Bwaa haa haa haa! Seriously, congratulations, and if I could find a template that said that I'd use it, 'cause I never do what anyone says — O Still Small Voice of Clam 19:16, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations! It was my great pleasure to support your uncontroversial RfA. — kashmīrī TALK 19:20, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- From one new admin to another, congratulations John! -- LuK3 (Talk) 19:31, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats on both your new (if used) mop and on your unopposed run! Remember, in your first few months people accept your apologies so it's the best time to block your enemies at critical moments. Nosebagbear (talk) 19:37, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats on the mop. Happy mopping! Dreamy Jazz talk to me | my contributions 20:27, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations for adminship !! CAPTAIN RAJU(T) 20:50, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations! --rogerd (talk) 21:01, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations and good luck! Donner60 (talk) 23:21, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- I thought you already were etc etc etc etc etc. Brilliant news, well done, you deserve the positive feedback. The Rambling Man (Hands! Face! Space!!!!) 23:50, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- A perfect RfA is an amazing feat. Congratulations! Feel free to drop by (email or TP) if you ever have any questions. I would also suggest checking out my JS or that of any other admin in case you find something you might like. My CSS also has some lines that may be of interest (combined with User:Stwalkerster/grouphighlight.js) for spotting other admins, stewards, 'crats etc. Congratulations once again! --TheSandDoctor Talk 04:33, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations! You now hold the magical mop. Enjoyer of World💬 05:15, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations from the recalcitrant one :)Edit
Welcome to the Menagerie!Edit
I have added you to the weird and wonderful Admin Menagerie as one of our six lupine members!
ITN for 2020 Polish protestsEdit
Thank you, friend, for your kind words, however, all I did was to create the article. We all collaborate. In this respect - I must say to you as well - nice work! --Ouro (blah blah) 05:17, 29 October 2020 (UTC)
The 2020 WikiCup has come to an end, with the final round going down to the wire. Our new Champion is Lee Vilenski (submissions), the runner-up last year, who was closely followed by Gog the Mild (submissions). In the final round, Lee achieved 4 FAs and 30 GAs, mostly on cue sport topics, while Gog achieved 3 FAs and 15 GAs, mostly on important battles and wars, which earned him a high number of bonus points. The Rambling Man (submissions) was in third place with 4 FAs and 8 GAs on football topics, with Epicgenius (submissions) close behind with 19 GAs and 16 DYK's, his interest being the buildings of New York.
The other finalists were Hog Farm (submissions), HaEr48 (submissions), Harrias (submissions) and Bloom6132 (submissions). The final round was very productive, and besides 15 FAs, contestants achieved 75 FAC reviews, 88 GAs and 108 GAN reviews. Altogether, Wikipedia has benefited greatly from the activities of WikiCup competitors all through the contest. Well done everyone!
All those who reached the final will receive awards and the following special awards will be made, based on high performance in particular areas of content creation. So that the finalists do not have an undue advantage, these prizes are awarded to the competitor who scored the highest in any particular field in a single round, or in the event of a tie, to the overall leader in this field.
- Gog the Mild (submissions) wins the featured article prize, for a total of 14 FAs during the course of the competition.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) win the featured list prize, for 5 FLs in round 4.
- Rhododendrites (submissions) wins the featured picture prize, for 3 FPs in round 3 and 5 overall.
- Lee Vilenski (submissions) wins the featured article reviewer prize, for 23 FAC reviews in round 5.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the good article prize, for 45 GAs in round 2 and 113 overall.
- MPJ-DK (submissions) wins the topic prize, for 33 articles in good topics in round 2.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the good article reviewer prize, for 100 good article reviews in round 2.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the DYK prize, for 22 Did you know articles in round 4 and 94 overall.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) wins the ITN prize, for 63 In the news articles in round 4 and 136 overall.
Next year's competition will begin on 1 January. You are invited to sign up to participate; the WikiCup is open to all Wikipedians, both novices and experienced editors, and we hope to see you all in the 2021 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Godot13, Sturmvogel 66, Vanamonde and Cwmhiraeth MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:37, 3 November 2020 (UTC)
A kitten for you!Edit
Congrats - I think - on getting the mop,
ArbCom 2020 Elections voter messageEdit
This year, many people had COVID to fear,
The holidays are getting near,
One thing that will be clear,
We will still have holiday cheer,
Happy holidays and happy new year!!
From Interstellarity (talk) 16:44, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
Hi John, hope you’re well. Happy new year! We try to keep consistency of number formats across all blurbs. Because there’s a seven which has to be a word, that’s why I’d put the larger numbers in the blurb above as words too. Best wishes. Stephen 23:16, 31 December 2020 (UTC)
Welcome to the 2021 WikiCup!Edit
Happy New Year and Happy New WikiCup! The competition begins today and all article creators, expanders, improvers and reviewers are welcome to take part. If you have already signed up, your submissions page can be found here. If you have not yet signed up, you can add your name here and the judges will set up your submissions page. Any questions on the rules or on anything else should be directed to one of the judges, or posted to the WikiCup talk page. Signups will close at the end of January, and the first round will end on 26 February; the 64 highest scorers at that time will move on to round 2. We thank Vanamonde93 and Godot13, who have retired as judges, and we thank them for their past dedication. The judges for the WikiCup this year are Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email) and Cwmhiraeth (talk · contribs · email). Good luck! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:11, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
I don't like rollback eitherEdit
- Yeah, I had the Twinkle tool before I had real rollback; I guess I should go back to using it. – John M Wolfson (talk • contribs) 06:14, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- I had the real rollback and gave it up, I like a little "friction" when it comes to editing. davidwr/(talk)/(contribs) 🎄 06:23, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
Paint It BlackEdit
Hello John M Wolfson! I was wondering if you would be able to take a look at "Paint It Black" and comment at its peer review? I would appreciate your input and am reaching out per your comments at Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Aftermath (Rolling Stones album)/archive1. Thank you for your time and I understand if you are unable (or do not wish) to. --TheSandDoctor Talk 05:07, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- I'll look into it sometime tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. – John M Wolfson (talk • contribs) 05:10, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
Chicago community areasEdit
Hello there, I noticed that you brought Washington Heights, Chicago to WP:GOOD status last year. I've been following your template to bring my home neighborhood of Beverly, Chicago to the same status. I'd love for you to take a look at it next week (after I finish the history section) and provide feedback before I nominate the page. Thrakkx (talk) 20:00, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hey Thrakkx, just start the GA review when you're ready and let me know. I've also started a one-man community area taskforce if you're interested. – John M Wolfson (talk • contribs) 20:08, 19 January 2021 (UTC)