|This page is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2017: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2018: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2019: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2020: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
A barnstar for you!
- I have not received an email from you. — JJMC89 20:54, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
Welcome to STiki!
Hello, JJMC89, and welcome to STiki! Thank you for your recent contributions using our tool. We at STiki hope you like using the tool and decide to continue using it in the future. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
Here are some pages which are a little more fun:
We hope you enjoy maintaining Wikipedia with STiki! If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions don't hesitate to drop a note over at the STiki talk page and we'll be more than happy to help. Again, welcome, and thanks! West.andrew.g (developer) and Ugog Nizdast (talk) 06:20, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Copyvios introduced by CalvinBeza
Thank you for tagging this article and notifying the editor. If in the future, you encounter such copyvios, please consider checking into the editor's contributions. A good way is to spot-check his major edits to see if there are other copyvios. If you see some, please notify me or another admin so we can stop it before it goes any further. Best wishes, and good work noticing that copyvio. Anna Frodesiak (talk) 18:15, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
- I nominated a couple of the editor's articles for speedy deletion; that's how I found that copyvio. In the future, should I drop a message on an admin's talk page, or is there a noticeboard I should use? Thanks. — JJMC89 19:06, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the speedy noms. Good work. :) Sure, in future, let me know or if you like, Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents or Wikipedia:Copyright problems. I am a good choice if you suspect it is the same person because I am familiar with the case. Many thanks again. Anna Frodesiak (talk) 19:28, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
What, exactly, is breaking? The "default continuation mode" for action=query requests to api.php will be changing to be easier for new coders to use correctly. To find out whether your script or bot may be affected, then search the source code (including any frameworks or libraries) for the string "query-continue". If that is not present, then the script or bot is not affected. In a few cases, the code will be present but not used. In that case, the script or bot will continue working.
This change will be part of 1.26wmf12. It will be deployed to test wikis (including mediawiki.org) on 30 June, to non-Wikipedias (such as Wiktionary) on 1 July, and to all Wikipedias on 2 July 2015.
If your bot or script is receiving the warning about this upcoming change (as seen at https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages ), it's time to fix your code!
- The simple solution is to simply include the "rawcontinue" parameter with your request to continue receiving the raw continuation data (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&rawcontinue=1>). No other code changes should be necessary.
- Or you could update your code to use the simplified continuation documented at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query#Continuing_queries (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&continue=>), which is much easier for clients to implement correctly.
Either of the above solutions may be tested immediately, you'll know it works because you stop seeing the warning.
Do you need help with your own bot or script? Ask questions in e-mail on the mediawiki-api or wikitech-l mailing lists. Volunteers at m:Tech or w:en:WP:Village pump (technical) or w:en:Wikipedia:Bot owners' noticeboard may also be able to help you.Are you using someone else's gadgets or user scripts? Most scripts are not affected. To find out if a script you use needs to be updated, then post a note at the discussion page for the gadget or the talk page of the user who originally made the script. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 19:03, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Link rot-useful tool
Hello, I noticed you had added a linkrot tag to an article. Have you heard of reFill? It cleans up bare URL referencing quite nicely, with no hassle. I tend to use it on articles and just add linkrot tags if there are links it can't fix (rare). After all the goal is good articles, not templated ones. Happy editing! Happy Squirrel (talk) 19:11, 27 June 2015 (UTC)