Hii, Cabayi, hope you're fine. I want to ask a question that can I create an article on the List of awards and nominations received by a tv series? Recently, I've created some awards and nominations articles that were received by an artist (here). I don't know whether it would be fine to create such an article. Another question, Is it appropriate to create an article named List of most-viewed (singer)'s music videos on YouTube? There are some most viewed articles by country present like List of most-viewed Pakistani music videos on YouTube. Thank you. Empire AS Talk! 12:41, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- Empire AS, apparently it is a thing. Before splitting, please ask yourself whether the list, and the tv show's article, are so large that a split is desirable.
- As for the List of most-viewed... articles, I'm not a fan. The numbers will change daily, and this isn't the Billboard charts. Once the numbers can't change any more (because one or more of the singer/Pakistan/YouTube cease to be) then it might be stable and encyclopedic. That's just my opinion, not policy.
- I see that the only two country lists are for India & Pakistan. To an outsider like me it looks senseless, like an India vs Pakistan pissing contest, which just narrowly avoids WP:ARBIP. I hope that helps, Cabayi (talk) 13:26, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
Hi Cabayi, at this SPI you imposed a rangeblock on
to prevent spamming of howtodiscuss.com into various bed-related pages. The block has expired and the user is at it again. Would you be able to reinstate the rangeblock for a longer period? Thanks, Wham2001 (talk) 15:20, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- I see that whilst I was posting this HJ Mitchell blocked the most recent IP for 31 hours. I still think that a (say) two-week rangeblock would be appropriate. Best, Wham2001 (talk) 15:23, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Wham2001, I just spotted the AIV report. I wasn't aware of the background. Now that I am, I've blocked the /29 for a month. If that doesn't work, we might have to explore other options like an edit filter. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 15:28, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Coming back to this (sorry! – but it seemed better than filing at SPI again) the same edits are also being made by
- Would you mind blocking that IP as well? Thanks, Wham2001 (talk) 10:41, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I'd rather you filed an SPI:
- for WP:ADMINACCT;
- to ensure that if/when Sohag764242 sees sense and decides to appeal their block, we have a full picture of their socking;
- because the SPI opens up tools to look at the socking which aren't available on my talk page;
- because it makes the behaviour more visible to other users - we shouldn't be relying on your/my/HJ's eyeballs landing on the spamming each time it happens. Cabayi (talk) 11:36, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I'd rather you filed an SPI:
Regarding AN3 and TürksatEdit
Big thanks to you an Ed for blocking that sockpuppet at WP:AN3 and starting an SPI! Last thing I needed was some vexatious edit warring discussion after dealing with bs at the article in question (I regret doing recent changes patrol when it was being edited -_-). Best, Caius G. (talk) 00:06, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
Fuzzymenge appeal UTRS 39309Edit
- On a personal level, I have no objection to you stepping in. On this case in particular I'd make a couple of points,
- It needs handling alongside the SPI case - Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Klevehagfd - if Fuzzymenge is to be unblocked then Klevehagfd should be too.
- CU explicitly left open the question of WP:MEAT (which they generally don't bother stating).
- Fuzzymenge's report at WP:ANEW on Caius G. straight after Caius G. filed a report on Klevehagfd is way too far off the norm for the first edits of an unrelated new account. I'd love to see Fuzzymenge provide a plausible explanation.
- That said, feel free to handle as you see fit. Cabayi (talk) 21:43, 12 January 2021 (UTC)