|This is Agendum's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Agendum.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!Edit
The Mary Tyler Moore Show opening sequence, title card, fontEdit
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show opening sequence
- Can you document the font of the first title card of the The Mary Tyler Moore Show opening sequence ?
ArbCom 2017 election voter messageEdit
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Clapham Sect, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Henry Venn (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
ArbCom 2018 election voter messageEdit
ArbCom 2018 election voter messageEdit
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Clapham Sect, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Holy Trinity Church (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
ArbCom 2019 election voter messageEdit
ITN recognition for Harold EvansEdit
ArbCom 2020 Elections voter messageEdit
I wonder whether anyone can please help. I've been archiving some of the User Talk pages on William Wilberforce and, in trying to be clever and rename some of them, I appear to have lost two pages of the really old User Talk material going right back to about 2006 or possibly earlier. Do these still exist on the server, and is it possible to reconsitute them? I'd appreciate any help you could offer! Many thanks. Cheers, Bruce Agendum (talk) 16:00, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- I should add that the Contents links on the main Talk page at Talk:William_Wilberforce no longer appear to work. I'm rather concerned that these pages should be rescued, if it's at all possible to do so. Thanks in advance.
- Bruce Agendum (talk) 16:06, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Looking now. I can't imagine any way that would cause the old archives to be unrecoverable, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Perryprog (talk) 16:17, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Agendum, I've switched the naming convention of the archives to be numerical, as the weird date/number combination seemed to make things a bit more confusing—hopefully you're OK with this. Things seem to be OK now, but let me know if I missed anything. Perryprog (talk) 16:31, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
Wilberforce's possible connection with sugar tradeEdit
Sorry, Bruce, but I've just read your reply on Slp1's talkpage and I don't know where to go from here. I have factual info that reflects on the Wilberforce family and may have influenced WW's early life, but I can't add it to his page on here because it's original !!! Nobody, except myself has published it; maybe nobody else has found it, or bothered to read it, or maybe they've thought it irrelevant. How can information that mentions Wilberforce, sugar and the Thornton family in the same breath not be relevant? Bryan Hamster622 (talk) 20:21, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for your message. If you have further information I would certainly be personally interested in it, although (as I've said) it may not be relevant to the article (which is about William Wilberforce and his life and work). Do you have a reference to where you obtained this information – I think you mentioned Lambeth Archives, or somewhere like that?
- It may be more appropriate to use the sugar trade information in the article about John Thornton, which is what I was going to suggest – now I've read more of your Hull website, it seems clear that this was definitely the same Thornton family, as the partner in that business seems to have been Samuel Watson, his father-in-law.
- Slp1 (one of the major contributors to the Wilberforce article) has suggested that we move this discussion to the William Wilberforce talk page at Talk:William_Wilberforce – which seems a good idea (that I should have suggested in the first place). So, can we move our discussion there, please? I'm sorry to mess you about, Bryan!
- Cheers, Bruce/ Agendum (talk) 23:29, 20 January 2021 (UTC)