I'm a 79-year-old retired grandfather with a broad range of interests.
For 31 years I was a scientist at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. My research included light and electron microscopic examination of bone and cartilage.
My research chronicled for the first time in living tissue:
1. the critical role of mitochondrial calcium during the primary calcification of epiphyseal plate and bone fracture cartilage, and
2. the progressive transformation of endothelial cells and pericytes into mesenchymal cells and their subsequent development into chondrocytes.
Wikipedia articles initiatedEdit
History of my familyEdit
- William Bates (Quaker)
- Joshua Evans (Quaker minister)
- Alfred Hunt (steel magnate)
- Elisha Hunt (steamboat pioneer)
- Esther Hunt
- Henry Thomas Hunt
- John Hunt (Quaker minister)
- John Hunt Painter
- John Needles
- Joseph Pancoast
- Enterprise (1814)
- Monongahela and Ohio Steam Boat Company
- Mount Pleasant (Burlington County, New Jersey)
Other people and topicsEdit
- Samuel Leeds Allen
- John Cadwalader (general)
- John S. Collins
- Edward Harris (ornithologist)
- Lou Henry Hoover
- Samuel K. Robbins
- Dave Robinson (American football)
- Robert H. Sayre
- Henry Miller Shreve
- Elizabeth Coleman White
My images of my research workEdit
- Brighton, Carl T., Yoichi Sugioka, and Robert M. Hunt (1973). "Cytoplasmic structures of epiphyseal plate chondrocytes; quantitative evaluation using electron micrographs of rat costochondral junctions with specific reference to the fate of hypertrophic cells". Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 55-A: 771-784.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1974). "Mitochondrial calcium and its role in calcification". Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 100: 406-416.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1978). "The role of mitochondria in growth plate calcification as demonstrated in a rachitic model". Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 60-A: 630-639.
- Brighton, Carl T., Yoichi Sugioka, and Robert M. Hunt (1982). "Quantitative zonal analysis of cytoplasmic structures of growth-plate chondrocytes in vivo and in vitro". Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 64-A: 1336-1349.
- Brighton, Carl T., Toshihiro Kitajima, and Robert M. Hunt (1984). "Zonal analysis of cytoplasmic components of articular cartilage chondrocytes". Arthritis and Rheumatism, 27: 1290-1299.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1986). "Histochemical localization of calcium in the fracture callus with potassium pyroantimonate: possible role of chondrocyte mitochondrial calcium in callus calcification". Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 68-A (5): 703-715.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1986). "Ultrastructure of electrically induced osteogenesis in the rabbit medullary canal". Journal of Orthopaedic Research 4: 27-36.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1991). "Early histological and ultrastructural changes in medullary fracture callus". Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 73-A (6): 832-847.
- Brighton, Carl T. and Robert M. Hunt (1997). "Early histologic and ultrastructural changes in microvessels of periosteal callus". Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, 11 (4): 244-253.