Somewhere along the line, this editor became a "veteran" which means that this editor should know better. If doing wrong, this editor may be (virtually) whacked with a trout.
This editor believes that Wikipedia is a collegial anarchy in which no one holds any authority which is not also held by everyone else. This editor is an eventualist and believes that there's no need to panic and that issues with articles can be resolved in due course. This editor believes that articles written over time in the main namespace will attract a broader variety of editors, helping to prevent group think and systemic bias. This editor endeavours to be kind and to appreciate kindness from others, and tries to follow the wiki way and the precepts of WP:DGAF. While initially an exopedian, this editor has gradually become more involved with WikiProjects as a mesopedian (approx. 55% of edits to mainspace and 20% to projects). This editor generally contributes through cleanup tasks and assisting a small number of WikiProjects, while continuing to learn how The Project works.
This editor is a member of the WP:Guild of Copy Editors (served as coordinator from Jan 2018 to Jun 2020), the WP:Typo Team (focusing on apostrophe-related typos) and WP:Canada (promoted its 10,000 Challenge and developed an award system for contributors).
This editor has received 70 barnstars and 115 other awards, and has given over 600 barnstars to deserving editors. This editor has written 65 articles, one of which was good. This editor has two entries on the DYK leaderboard and is among the top 6,000 Wikipedians by edit count. This editor was named Editor of the Week across consecutive years.
Reidgreg's personal high-points as a Wikipedian include:
- Receiving my first barnstar. ( )
- Having my first GA cited in a heated talk page discussion. ( )
- Learning that an article I expanded had received a quarter-million page views. (permalink)
- Learning that a new editor I'd encouraged had made contributions far exceeding my own. ( )
- Leading the GOCE coordinator team and ending my term with an Eddy and support from 13 editors, the highest turnout recorded in five years. ( )
- Getting a DYK listed for April Fool's 2019. (more)
- Getting a DYK listed for Canada Day 2019. (more)