This is bob rulz. My real name is Jason; I'm a 24-year old living in South Salt Lake, Utah, United States. I have a wide variety of interests, including most notably geography, meteorology, urban development, architecture, astronomy and space exploration, history, American football, music, and TV. I am a proud critic (although not a cynic!). I am very socially liberal. I am an apatheist (also known as pragmatic atheism), although I did grow up as a member of the LDS Church. I am a Denver Broncos (NFL) and Utah Jazz (NBA) fan, although I am much more passionate about the NFL than anything. I am also an avid bowler and self-avowed Minecraft addict.
I don't really have the attention span to learn instruments but listening to music is a major part of my life - I did play the viola and piano in the past and I have experimented with some electronic music programs. I can appreciate some music from just about any genre, but most of my favorite music is alternative rock, indie rock, art rock, new wave, and electronic music of all varieties (particularly electronic dance music).
Check out my music page for more a more in-depth look at my music tastes.
Places I've lived:
- Netcong, New Jersey (1990 - 1991)
- Greensboro, North Carolina (1991 - 1994)
- Kalispell, Montana (1994 - 1995)
- Salt Lake City, Utah (1995 - 2009)
- South Salt Lake, Utah (2009 - present)
- 220.127.116.11 was me before I created this account (I am counting those edits, 252 of them, in this section, plus four edits I made on another computer where I forgot to sign in)
- Current # of edits: 12,143 (as of March 2, 2010)
- Latest ranking (as registered user; ranking is subject to error):
- First edit: August 13, 2004 - Salt Lake City, Utah
- First edit with signed account: October 13, 2004 - Utah Jazz
- First created article: August 13, 2004 - Xel'Naga (before they banned the creation of new articles by anons)
- I have been quite dormant for a long time (41 edits in all of 2013, yikes; that used to be a good DAY for me!), but I've been getting that itch to contribute again (seeing how much work that some articles could still use has really inspired me). I plan on becoming much more active.
- July 2, 2014
What I contributeEdit
I have been editing Wikipedia since I was 14 (!) years old. I am good with prose and in providing general descriptions of certain subjects, but I am still getting the hang of the referencing on this website. It was something that has nearly driven me away on occasion but I just love this website too much. I am great at general copy-editing, cleanup, and grammar edits, but I have also been known to vigorously rewrite bad or stubby articles.
When I began I was a Star Wars geek and avidly contributed to the Star Wars-related articles, as well as anything relating to Utah, but I have moved beyond the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I now focus on Utah-related articles, and try my best to contribute to meteorology, video game, television, and music articles as well (and soon perhaps architecture and urban planning-related articles?). I was a huge contributor to tropical cyclone articles during the 2005 and 2006 hurricane seasons, but the quality of WikiProject Tropical cyclones is so high that I don't have much to contribute anymore.
For tons of useless info on me, check out my personal subpage.
THIS NEEDS CLEANING UP
- User:Bob rulz/personal - tons of info about me
- User:Bob rulz/music - my favorite music, basically
- User:Bob rulz/images - images I've uploaded to Wikipedia
- User:Bob rulz/Hurricane Herald (NOTE: the creation of the Hurricane Herald tropical cyclone newsletter goes to User:Hurricanehink, not me) - the Hurricane Herald is the monthly newsletter for the tropical cyclone wikiproject
- User:Bob rulz/Utah weather of 2006 - major weather events that occurred in Utah during 2006
- User:Bob rulz/Utah weather of 2007 - major weather events that occurred in Utah during 2007
- User:Bob rulz/Utah weather of 2008 - major weather events that occurred in Utah during 2008
- User:Bob rulz/betting pools - these are the 2006 Atlantic and East Pacific hurricane season betting pools that are merely for fun and were saved from imminent deletion; however, they were trimmed down to make them sane and reasonable
- User:Bob rulz/2006 NFL season predictions - purely for fun and probably completely wrong, but it's worth a try. Make any comments on it you'd like on the talk page!
- User:Bob rulz/2008 NFL season predictions - see above
- User:Bob rulz/2008 NBA playoff predictions - complete with analysis; again just for fun, and as always make any comments you'd like on the talk page!
- User:Bob rulz/2008-09 NBA season predictions
- User:Bob rulz/List of shopping malls in Utah - created due to my renewed interest in shopping malls and the deletion of the article in the AfD.
- User:Bob rulz/List of famous Utahns - Want this to become an article eventually, so I'm starting it as a subpage to organize all the info first.
- User:Bob rulz/Userboxes - a list of my userboxes
THIS NEEDS UPDATING
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Computer and video games - Occasional contributor
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Good articles - Currently inactive, though that may change
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Meteorology - Frequent contributor
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Non-tropical storms - Upstart project, plan to contribute frequently
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Shopping Centers - Am increasing involvement
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Stargate - Currently inactive, through that may change
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Television - Plan to increase involvement
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Tropical cyclones - May not be very involved next year
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Utah - Frequent (and one of the very few) contributors
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Utah State Highways - [Not Active] (but I plan to contribute to what this article was originally for...eventually)
Articles I've createdEdit
1931 Atlantic hurricane season | 1948 Atlantic hurricane season | 2003 Utah snowstorm | 2007 in video gaming | Apple Valley, Utah | Bear River Mountains | Bryce Canyon City, Utah | East Bench (Salt Lake City) | Half-Life 2: Episode Three | Hanksville, Utah | Hiawatha, Utah | Kennecott Land | Logan Canyon | Parley's Canyon | Salt Lake Valley | Utah State Route 201 | UTA TRAX
Articles I've created that have been deleted or mergedEdit
Anoat (since merged into List of Star Wars planets (A-B)) | Anoat system (since merged into List of Star Wars systems) | Kennecott Copper Mine (merged with Bingham Canyon to form Bingham Canyon Mine) | List of shopping malls in Utah | United States weather of 2006 | United States Weather of 2007 | Xel'Naga (since merged into Species of StarCraft) | Zerus (since merged into StarCraft)
THIS NEEDS UPDATING
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Utah (what's left of it, at least; mostly city articles)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Shopping Centers
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Meteorology (more involvement planned...eventually)
To work onEdit
THIS NEEDS UPDATING City Creek Center | Climate of Salt Lake City | Geography of Salt Lake City | Geography of Utah | Salt Lake City | Salt Lake City Intermodal Hub | Taylorsville, Utah | Transportation in Salt Lake City | UTA TRAX | Wasatch Front | West Valley City, Utah
THIS NEEDS UPDATING Cedar Valley (Utah) | Central Valley, Utah | Climate of Utah | List of famous Utahns (also should merge List of famous Salt Lakers into this article when it is created) | Living Planet Aquarium | Raft River Mountains | Stansbury Mountains
The Working Man's Barnstar
I, gtdp, hereby award you the Working Man's Barnstar, for the particulary tedious edits that you've made to Civilization IV, among many others. Thanks! -- gtdp (T)/(C) 00:31, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
|I, for your work on the Tel Aviv FAC's Flymeoutofhere (talk) 11:52, 13 April 2008 (UTC), award you this Bagel of Zion for improving the coverage of ציון. Remember not to edit on empty stomach.|