This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universitas 21 (U21) is a network of research-intensive universities  that empowers its members to share excellence, collaborate across borders and nurture global knowledge exchange. Committed to promoting the value of internationalisation and multinational collaboration, U21 facilitates the delivery of programmes, activities and initiatives, which could not be delivered through a single university or via bi-lateral agreements.
|Type||Education and research|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
The universities collaborate on student mobility, student employability, researcher engagement and educational innovation. It offers student competitions including the Three Minute Thesis® (3MT), the U21/PwC Innovation Challenge and the RISE (Real Impact on Society and Environment) Showcase.
Since 2012, Universitas 21 has commissioned the "U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems". Produced by researchers at the University of Melbourne, this ranking aims to show which countries create a "strong environment" that allows universities to contribute to growth, provide a high-quality student experience and help institutions compete globally. It evaluates the standing of national higher education systems by providing rankings in four broad areas: resources, environment, connectivity and output. The rankings are then combined to provide an overall ranking. The ranking is then adjusted by GDP per capita, which allows countries to be compared to others at a similar stage of economic development.
Universitas 21 is a United Nations Academic Impact Partner.
- "About Universitas 21". www.universitas21.com. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Universitas 21 | Global Maryland, University of Maryland". globalmaryland.umd.edu. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Universitas 21 | UNSW Current Students". student.unsw.edu.au. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Universitas 21 : Melbourne Global Mobility : The University of Melbourne". www.mobility.unimelb.edu.au. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Williams et al. (2013), p.600.
- "U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems | Universitas 21". universitas21.com. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- email@example.com (2 April 2014). "Partners". academicimpact.un.org. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Member List". www.universitas21.com. Retrieved 8 May 2018.