Université populaire de Caen
The Université populaire de Caen (Popular University of Caen) is a free university created in October 2002 by Michel Onfray in the north-western French city of Caen. It functions on a guiding principle of exemption from fees. Access to the Popular University does not require any academic qualifications, and is open to all. It does not have any examinations nor does it award diplomas.
The seminars of the university take place in the following locations:
- Tocqueville amphitheatre, University of Caen
- Mancel coffee, Caen Castle
- Museum of the Fine arts of Caen, Caen Castle
- Room in the Panta Theatre, Caen
- Official website (in French)
- Homepage of the Université Populaire de Lyon
The above information is taken from the French Wikipedia article on the subject.