World map with the time zone highlighted
|12:38, 15 November 2019 UTC+07:00|
|105 degrees E|
Also known as Indochina Time (ICT), it is used in:
- 1 As standard time (all year round)
- 2 Discrepancies between official UTC+07:00 and geographical UTC+07:00
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
As standard time (all year round)Edit
- Australia – Christmas Island Time
- Cambodia – Time in Cambodia (Indochina Time)
- Indonesia – Indonesia Western Time
- Laos – Time in Laos (Indochina Time)
- Thailand – Time in Thailand (Indochina Time)
- Vietnam - Time in Vietnam (Indochina Time)
- Russia – Krasnoyarsk Time
It is considered the westernmost time zone in East Asia.
Discrepancies between official UTC+07:00 and geographical UTC+07:00Edit
Since legal, political and economic in addition to physical or geographical criteria are used in the drawing of time zones, it follows that official time zones do not precisely adhere to meridian lines.
The UTC+07:00 time zone, were it drawn by purely geographical terms, would consist of exactly the area between meridians 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E.
As a result, there are places which, despite lying in an area with a "physical" UTC+07:00 time, actually use another time zone.
Conversely, there are areas that have gone for UTC+07:00, even though their "physical" time zone is UTC+08:00, UTC+06:00, or even UTC+05:00.
Areas located within UTC+07:00 longitudes using other time zonesEdit
This concerns areas within 97°30′ E to 112°30′ E longitude.
- Using UTC+06:30
Eastern part of Myanmar
- Using UTC+08:00
In China, many parts of central China including:
- western two thirds of Hunan
- western half of:
- western third of:
Outside China & Russia:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar
- Peninsular Malaysia
- Western part of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo including Kuching
- Using UTC+09:00
Areas located outside UTC+07:00 longitudes using UTC+07:00 timeEdit
- The westernmost part of Indonesia including most of the province Aceh with its capital Banda Aceh.
- Western part of Mongolia
- Parts of Russia:
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)Edit
- The easternmost part of Java including East Java's capital Surabaya, Sidoarjo, Malang, and Banyuwangi.
- The island Madura and Kangean Islands, which administratively belong to East Java Province.
- Eastern part of West Kalimantan, and most of Central Kalimantan, including
- its capital Palangka Raya
- The very easternmost part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Russia Time Zones – Russia Current Times". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Russia Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "HOVT – Hovd Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.