(Redirected from UID (disambiguation))
UID may refer to:
- Unique identifier and instances or systems thereof
- Unique identifier for a specific user of a computer system
- Unique ID for the Mifare series of chips (integrated circuits) used in contactless smart cards and proximity cards.
- Unique ID of a message in a folder on an IMAP server
- User identifier (Unix), a code identifying each user on a Unix and Unix-like systems
- Globally unique identifier (GUID.)
- Universally unique identifier (UUID)
In other areasEdit
- PubMed 'Unique Identifier' parameter (PMID) designating specific scientific publication abstracts (PubMed § PubMed identifier)
- 'Unique Item Identifier', a specific value in the IUID (Item Unique Identification) system used by the United States Department of Defense for the identification of accountable equipment according to DoD Instruction 5000.64
- Aadhaar number, originally the Unique Identification Number, an initiative of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) of the Indian government to create a unique ID for every Indian resident
- uID Center, a nonprofit organization in Tokyo, Japan, responsible for the Ucode system for uniquely identifying real-world objects electronically
- German for: "UID = Umsatzsteuer Identifikation" (English: VAT identification number, VAT = value-added tax)
- Unidentified decedent, a deceased person whose body has not yet been identified
- Unintelligent Design, a satirical reaction to the Intelligent Design movement
- Unit Identification, an LED used as a means of locating a specific computer server in a server room
- Universal Instructional Design, an educational method that tries to deliver teaching to meet the needs of wide variety of learners
- User interface design, device design with the focus on the user's experience and interaction
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title UID.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.