Kadima-Zoran (Hebrew: קדימה-צורן), also known as Kadima-Tzoran, is a local council in the Central District of Israel. The result of the 2003 union of the Tzoran and Kadima councils, in 2019 it had a population of 22,683.
Local council (from 2003)
|• ISO 259||Qadíma-Çoran|
|• Also spelled||Kadima-Tzoran (official)|
|• Head of Municipality||Keren Green|
|• Total||10,372 dunams (10.372 km2 or 4.005 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 (5,700/sq mi)|
Kadima-Zoran is home to the "Ta'am Shel Pa'am" (A Taste of Old) museum for the history of the settlement in the elementary school "Nitzanei HaSharon".
Kadima was founded on 5 July 1933 as an agricultural settlement at the initiative of Yehoshua Hankin. Most of the settlers were German immigrants. The name means "forward" in Hebrew, and was taken from a Biblical verse (Habakkuk 1:9). The town was declared a local council in 1950.
Tzoran, meaning silicon, was founded in 1992 and was planned by architect Rachel Walden. The settlement was named after a Hasmonean city that had existed in the area. It was first populated in 1994, and declared a local council in 1997.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tzoran-Kadima.|
|This geography of Israel article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|