Twin Sons of Different Mothers
Twin Sons of Different Mothers is an album by American singer-songwriter Dan Fogelberg and jazz flautist Tim Weisberg, released in 1978 (see 1978 in music). It was the first of two collaborations between the pair; the second was No Resemblance Whatsoever.
|Twin Sons of Different Mothers|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||1978, The Record Plant, Sausalito, California, Village Recorders, Westwood, Los Angeles, California, Wally Heider Studios, United Studios, A&M Studios and Sunset Sound, Los Angeles|
|Genre||Rock, soft rock, jazz, classical|
|Label||Full Moon, Epic|
|Producer||Dan Fogelberg, Tim Weisberg|
|Dan Fogelberg and Tim Weisberg chronology|
|Singles from Twin Sons of Different Mothers|
The closing track of the album, "The Power of Gold," was released as a single, reaching number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100.
All songs written by Dan Fogelberg, except where noted.
- Dan Fogelberg – synthesizer, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, guitar, mandolin, percussion, piano, electric guitar, keyboard, vocals, background vocals, voices, slide guitar, classical guitar
- Tim Weisberg – flute, percussion, oboe, piccolo
- David Breinenthal – bassoon
- Gary Coleman – percussion
- Vincent DeRosa – French horn
- Earl Dumler – English horn
- John Ellis – organ, oboe
- Bobbye Hall – percussion, conga, cowbell
- Don Henley – vocals, harmony vocals
- John Leslie Hug – guitar, harp
- Jim Keltner – drums
- Joe Lala – percussion, conga
- Neil Larsen – piano, keyboard, electric piano
- Andy Newmark – synthesizer, drums
- Norbert Putnam – bass
- Ann Mason Stockton – harp
- Florence Warner – vocals, background vocals
- Willie Weeks – bass
- Producers: Dan Fogelberg, Tim Weisberg
- Engineer: Marty Lewis
- Vinyl Mastering Engineer: Glenn Meadows
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles – Billboard (North America)
|1978||"The Power Of Gold"||Pop Singles||24|
- "Twins Sons of Different Mothers". Dan Fogelberg Official Website. Retrieved June 26, 2011.
- Stephen J. Matteo. "Twin Sons of Different Mothers – Dan Fogelberg,Tim Weisberg | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved May 24, 2014.