Troublemaker (Weezer song)
"Troublemaker" is a song that was originally released as an iTunes single from alternative rock band Weezer's sixth album and third self-titled album, Weezer (also referred to by fans and the band as The Red Album). It was released in digital form on May 20, 2008, as the second single from the album. It debuted the week of July 26, 2008, at No. 39 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks charts and peaked at No. 2.
|Single by Weezer|
|from the album Weezer (The Red Album)|
|Released|| July 26, 2008|
November 24, 2008
|Weezer singles chronology|
Weezer played an acoustic version of "Troublemaker" on the May 30, 2008, episode of Alternative Nation on Sirius Radio.
The song was also used for TV commercials for CBS's crime drama show The Mentalist, which premiered in September 2008. It is also used in the trailer for Fired Up. "Troublemaker", along with "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived", appeared in the documentary Warren Miller's Children of Winter.
These remixes were released on a promo EP:
- Troublemaker (Azzido Da Bass Remix)
- Troublemaker (Azzido Da Bass Dub Remix) (5:27)
- Troublemaker (Tiny Evil Remix) (6:52)
- Troublemaker (Richard Vission Remix) (4:05)
- Troublemaker (Richard Vission Dub Remix) (5:37)
- Troublemaker (Funky Monk Remix) (6:02)
- Troublemaker (Baby Disaster Remix) (3:17)
|Canadian Hot 100||51|
|Billboard Canada Rock||4|
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||21|
|U.S. Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||2|
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||35|
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||22|
Weezer fans were invited to take part in the music video for "Troublemaker." The music video (directed by The Malloys) took place outside of The Forum in Inglewood, California. It consists of the band performing the song, with shots of the band members and fans breaking Guinness World Records, such as "Largest Air Guitar Ensemble", "Most People on a Skateboard", "Longest Session of Guitar Hero World Tour", "Largest Game of Dodgeball", and "Most People in a Custard Pie Fight". The music video was released on October 6, 2008.
- "Weezer : 05/20/08 the total lack of trouble with troublemaking". Archived from the original on 2008-05-29.
- Weezer : 03/11/08 A Message From Rivers and Weezer Archived April 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Mango Starr (2008-03-17). "Weezer to Release New Album in June; "Beverly Hills" Still Not Meant to Be Ironic". Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- "Log In or Sign Up to View". tapulous.com.
- "Alternative Songs – Year-End 2008". Billboard. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- on YouTube