Tisch Library, originally Wessell Library, is the principal library for the Medford/Somerville campus of Tufts University. The library holds 2.7 million volumes and serves as the main branch of the Tufts library system.[1] The building was originally designed in a brutalist style by Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott. Construction started in January 1964 and the library was originally named after Tufts' eight president Nils Yngve Wessell. At a cost of $2.9 million the library was dedicated on September 1965. Wessell Library succeeded Eaton Memorial Library as the main library on campus and was constructed next to it.[2] After a $21 million renovation, the library was enlarged in January 1996 and was renamed after Jonathan and Steve Tisch who donated $10 million for the project.

Tisch Library
Tufts Tisch library entrance.JPG
Established1965, 1996
LocationMedford, Massachusetts
Coordinates42°24′22″N 71°07′08″W / 42.4062°N 71.1189°W / 42.4062; -71.1189Coordinates: 42°24′22″N 71°07′08″W / 42.4062°N 71.1189°W / 42.4062; -71.1189
Collection
Size2.7 Million
Websitetischlibrary.tufts.edu

External linksEdit

ReferencesEdit