Thomas Newenham Deane
Their work was a Gothic style influenced by the principles of John Ruskin, and included the Museum at Trinity College, Dublin, the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Oxford, the Pitt Rivers Museum, the Kildare Street Club, Dublin and Queen's College Cork, now University College Cork. He is also known as a conservation architect, involved in the restoration (including the incorporation of the original twelfth-century Romanesque chancel) of the St. Mary's Cathedral, Tuam, which was praised by George Petrie. His work on the conservation of St Canice's Cathedral, Kilkenny, was less successful, and brought him into conflict with the dean and chapter, and in particular with the Treasurer James Graves. It may have been due to his interest in the restoration of medieval buildings which led to his appointment as the first Inspector of National Monuments under the Irish Board of Works after the Disestablishment of the Church of Ireland brought ruined buildings under their care. His work included St. Cronan's Church, Roscrea, County Tipperary.
In contemporary circles, Deane's partner Woodward was seen as the creative brains behind the business, and their practice suffered after his early death. Nevertheless, Deane continued to work with his son, Thomas Manly Deane, designing the National Museum of Ireland and National Library of Ireland in Kildare Street, Dublin. Thomas Newenham Deane was knighted in 1890.
On 29 January 1850, Deane married Henrietta Manly, daughter of Joseph H. Manly of Ferney, Co. Cork. Deane and his wife had several children. 
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Falkiner, Cæsar Litton (1901). "Deane, Thomas Newenham". Dictionary of National Biography (1st supplement). London: Smith, Elder & Co.