The Points Guy
The Points Guy is an American travel website and blog that produces news and stories on travel, aviation, points and miles, politics and credit cards. The site was founded in 2010 and has 60 full-time employees as of 2019, 14 of whom focus on editorial output.
The Points Guy was founded by Brian Kelly in 2010. It focuses on travel news, credit card reviews, means of accumulating airline points, and converting those into travel options. In 2012, The Points Guy was sold to Bankrate, a company that publishes and promotes financial content. In a 2014 interview, Brian Kelly made this comment: "I still have a vested ownership interest in TPG and I retain 100% editorial control". As of 2017, Brian Kelly was at number one on the Forbes list of Top Influencers for travel. Bankrate was acquired by Red Ventures in 2017.
- "How The Points Guy built a business based on affiliate fees". Digiday. 2017-12-18. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- Field, Hayden (November 29, 2018). "The Points Guy, Brian Kelly, Talks Success, Scalability and Money-Saving Travel Tips (Podcast)". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
it remains successful today, with the help of additional revenue streams via parterships with companies such as Capital One. On Entrepreneur's How Success Happens podcast, Kelly talks success strategies, his top growth tips for entrepreneurs and, of course, his best advice for saving money on upcoming travel.
- Rodriguez, Ashley (January 13, 2017). "The 'Points Guy' made a career of gaming credit-card rewards to get luxury travel". Quartz. Archived from the original on November 15, 2017. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- Marikar, Sheila (June 29, 2017). "How to Travel Like a Millionaire? Ask the Points Guy". The New Yorker. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017.
- O'Connor, Clare (June 20, 2017). "Forbes Top Influencers: The Points Guy, Brian Kelly, On Turning Miles Into A Media Empire". Forbes. Archived from the original on June 20, 2017.
- Martin, Grant (December 1, 2014). "The Blurring Ethical Lines Between Credit Card Companies and Travel Writers". Skift.com.
- O'Connor, Clare (June 20, 2017). "Forbes Top Influencers: The Points Guy, Brian Kelly, On Turning Miles Into A Media Empire". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- Saxena, Aparajita (July 3, 2017). "Red Ventures to buy Bankrate for $1.24 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-04-12.