The Next Web
The Next Web (TNW) is a website and annual series of conferences focused on new technology and start-up companies in Europe. The Next Web company was established in 2006 by co-founders Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten and Patrick de Laive in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and a technology news website of the same name was started in 2009. TNW's reporting has been sourced by Wired, Mashable, and the Huffington Post, among others.
Type of site
|Available in||British English|
|Launched||10 June 2008|
According to de Laive, it took one year for TheNextWeb.com to reach 100,000 monthly visitors, and as of June 2016, it gets 8 million to 10 million monthly visitors.
|Genre||Technology and Business|
|Founders||Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, Patrick de Laive|
In 2017, The Next Web's Amsterdam conference came under fire for making misleading statements, and having a lack of transparency about paying presenters for speaking appearances, and for having a gender gap in the number of its male and female presenters, and a gender pay gap in their compensation.
- "TheNextWeb.com - WHOIS, DNS, & domain info - DomainTools". whois.DomainTools.com. WHOIS. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- Thomas, Aby Sam (12 June 2016). "Staying on top of Generation-T: The Next Web co-founder Patrick de Laive". www.Entrepreneur.com. Entrepreneur. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Davies, Jessica (5 March 2019). "The Financial Times buys The Next Web to beef up live events business". Digiday. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Gross, Anna (5 March 2019). "FT acquires majority stake in The Next Web". www.FT.com. Financial Times. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Top 6 takeaways from The Next Web". OpenCampus.NewSchool.edu. The New School – Open Campus. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Thompson, Rachel (26 January 2018). "Here's why your Instagram and Facebook feeds are looking bare this morning". Mashable.com. Mashable. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Security news this week". www.Wired.com. Wired. 17 November 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Emerson, Ramona (4 January 2012). "Silicon Valley Ryan Gosling: 'Hey Girl' meme goes tech". www.HuffingtonPost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Google's new podcast app for Android comes built into Search and Assistant". Firstpost. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands". www.CES.tech. Consumer Electronics Show. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Ehrenkranz, Melanie (15 March 2017). "The 'Next Web' tech conference is under fire for stiffing speakers". www.Mic.com. Mic. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- TheNextWeb.com — official website