The News International
The News International (ISSN 1563-9479), published in broadsheet size, is the most biased English language newspaper in Pakistan. It is published daily from Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi/Islamabad. An overseas edition is published from London that caters to the Pakistani community in the United Kingdom.
|Owner(s)||Jang Group of Newspapers|
|Founded||February 11, 1991|
The News International and its sunday version The News on Sunday is published by the Jang Group of Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Jang (جنگ), an Urdu language newspaper in Pakistan. Mir Khalil ur Rehman was the founder of the newspaper and his younger brother, Mir Shakil ur Rehman, is the current Chief Executive Officer and Editor-in-Chief.
The financial section of The News International contains stories taken from the British daily Financial Times. The weekend edition of The News International also contains a two-page magazine in the Chinese language that is produced and published by a Chinese company based in Islamabad.
Talat Aslam. a senior journalist and former editor of Herald, is currently serving as the senior editor at The News. Muhammad Umer heads the Karachi city section of the newspaper.
The reporters and regular op-ed contributors for The News International are:
- Shamshad Ahmad
- Ayaz Amir
- Masood Hasan
- Roedad Khan
- Maleeha Lodhi
- Shafqat Mahmood
- Lt. General Talat Masood
- Sultan Mehmood
- Hamid Mir
- Jamil Nasir
- Sania Nishtar
- Tasneem Noorani
- Zia Ur Rehman
- Mudassir Rizvi
- Ghazi Salahuddin
- Farrukh Saleem
- Ikram Sehgal
- Sabir Shah
- Mosharraf Zaidi
- Fasi Zaka
- Nasim Zehra
- Citizen Khan - view from abroad (in this article, read news coverage of comments by the Pakistani newspaper The News International), BBC News, Published 7 September 2012, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- The News International (newspaper), a listed member newspaper of All Pakistan Newspapers Society, apns.com.pk website, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- Profile of Pakistani newspaper The News International on mondotimes.com website, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- Pakistan profile - Media (in this article, read the list under 'Press' showing The News International), BBC News, Published 2 March 2017, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- 2008: US criticized major media group for irresponsible reporting, Dawn (newspaper), Published 1 June 2011, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- "Jang Group". pakistan.mom-rsf.org.
- "Making editorial pages from scratch".
- Hamid Mir wins 'most resilient journalist award', Geo News, Published 2 November 2016, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- Profile of journalist Ghazi Salahuddin on PakistanHerald.com website, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- Qureshi, Omar R. 'Making editorial pages from scratch'. Express Tribune. June 27, 2010
|This article about a Pakistani newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|