The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute was the way in which the University of Dayton referred to two of its units when they were administered as one entity for a few years. In 2017, the units returned to being administered independently, and each has its own presence on the Internet (see Sources below).
The Marian Library was founded in 1943, and is home to an extensive collection of books, periodicals, artwork, manuscripts, films, and ephemera related to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Marian Library is located within Roesch Library at the University of Dayton, and is home to the International Marian Research Institute (IMRI), an institute dedicated to Mariology, or the study of Mary.
The International Marian Research Institute was founded in 1975 in affiliation with the Marianum, a Pontifical Institute in Rome, allowing students to study in America, instead of having to travel to Rome to complete their studies. IMRI's programs included a doctorate in sacred theology (S.T.D.) and licentiate in sacred theology (S.T.L.). IMRI stopped admitting new students to this program in 2016 and is phasing out this program. Students, however, can continue to earn credits towards a master's degree through the Department of Religious Studies of the University of Dayton.
IMRI is also continuing to produce its Marian Forums, publishing the scholarly journal Marian Library Studies, and hosting Marian Studies and Spirituality, a weekly radio program on Radio Maria.
- International Marian Research Institute at the University of Dayton. The Institute, a center for research and scholarship on the Blessed Virgin Mary, maintains an online encyclopedia about Mary.
- Marian Library at the University of Dayton. The Marian Library is one of the world’s largest repository of books, periodicals, artwork, and artifacts on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ.
The University of Dayton's institutional repository, eCommons, is a permanent archive of UD's continuous pursuit of transformative education and world-changing research.
- "Supporting Learning and Scholarship.” Marian Library, University of Dayton.
- “A Short History.” International Marian Research Institute, University of Dayton.
- "IMRI Educational Program." International Marian Research Institute, University of Dayton.
- "Stimulating Creativity in the Study and Teaching of Mariology." Marian Forums, International Marian Research Institute.
- Marian Library Studies. E-Commons, University of Dayton.
- Marian Studies and Spirituality on Radio Maria. International Marian Research Institute, University of Dayton.
- Marian Studies and Spirituality. Radio Maria.