Journal of American Folklore
The Journal of American Folklore is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by the American Folklore Society. Since 2003 this has been done on its behalf by the University of Illinois Press. The journal has been published since the society's founding in 1888. It publishes on a quarterly schedule and incorporates scholarly articles, essays, and notes relating to its field. It also includes reviews of books, exhibitions and events.
|Edited by||Ann K. Ferrell|
University of Illinois Press (United States)
|ISO 4||J. Am. Folk.|
- William Wells Newell (1888–1899), vols. 1–12
- Alexander Francis Chamberlain (1900–1907), vols. 13–20
- Franz Boas (1908–1924), vols. 21–37
- Ruth Fulton Benedict (1925–1939), vols. 38–52
- Gladys Reichard (1940), vol.53
- Archer Taylor (1941), vol. 54
- Erminie Wheeler-Voegelin (1942–1946), vols. 55–59
- Wayland Debs Hand (1947–1951), vols. 60–64
- Katharine Luomala (1952–1953), vols. 65–66
- Thomas A. Sebeok (1954–1958), vols. 67–71
- Richard M. Dorson (1959–1963), vols. 72–76
- John Greenway (1964–1968), vols. 77–81
- Américo Paredes (1969–1973), vols. 82–86
- Barre Toelken (1974–1976), vols. 87–89
- Jan Harold Brunvand (1977–1980), vols. 90–93
- Richard Bauman (1981–1985), vols. 94–98
- Bruce Jackson (1986–?), vols. 99-?
- Harris M. Berger and Giovanna P. Del Negro (2006–2010), vol. 119–123
- Thomas A. DuBois and James P. Leary (2011–2015), vols. 124–128
- Ann K. Ferrell (2016–2020), vols. 129–133
- "American Folklore Society". American Council of Learned Societies. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- Journal of American Folklore, Centennial Index, Vol. 101, No. 402, pp.20–49
- "Editor & AFS Contact Information: Journal of American Folklore", Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Editor & AFS Contact Information: Journal of American Folklore", Retrieved 22 January 2019.
|This article about a folklore journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.