The Christian Post
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)|
|Type||Christian news website|
|Owner(s)||The Christian Post Inc.|
Contents include Church news, ministries news, mission news, education news, Christian entertainment news, health-related news, opinions, U.S. news, and international news. Also featured are devotionals, cartoons, and videos.
Its executive editor is Richard Land, president of Southern Evangelical Seminary, and president emeritus of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission. Christopher Chou is CEO.
The online newspaper was founded in March 2004. The objective is to deliver news, information, and commentaries relevant to Christians across denominational lines and to bring greater attention to activities of Christians and Christian groups in United States and around the world. It moved its headquarters from San Francisco, California to Washington, D.C. in 2006. In 2017, the website had a monthly average of 10 million visits.
On December 23, 2019, Napp Nazworth, an approximately a ten year veteran of the publication and an editor for The Christian Post, resigned because the magazine planned to publish an article supporting President Trump after he became the subject of an editorial by a peer publication, Christianity Today, in which Mark Galli called for the removal of the president on December 19, 2019, following the impeachment. Nazworth stated that he could not "be an editor for a publication with that editorial voice" and resigned from The Christian Post as its political editor.
- "About CP". The Christian Post. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Omotayo O. Banjo, Kesha Morant Williams, Contemporary Christian Culture: Messages, Missions, and Dilemmas, Lexington Books, USA, 2017, p. 32
- Why it is wise for Christians to support President Trump. By Jack Graham, CP:VOICES, Thursday, December 19, 2019.
- Christian magazine editor quits in row over Trump's evangelical support, BBC News, December 24, 2019
- WEA - World Evangelical Alliance Est 1846
- Evangelical Press Association - Publication members