|Founded||19 August 2011|
|Commenced operations||7 July 2012|
|Focus cities||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Royal Orchid Plus|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (Connecting Partner)|
|Destinations||32 (updated as Sep 2020)|
|Parent company||Thai Airways (100%)|
|Headquarters||89 Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand 10900|
|Key people||Charita Leelayudth|
On 20 May 2011, the Thai Airways board announced plans to create a new lower-cost airline, at the time dubbed Thai Wings.[verification needed] The creation of the airline was announced by Ampon Kittiampon, the chairman of Thai's board of directors, on 19 August 2011.[verification needed] It is planned to begin operations in July 2012. According to Ampon, THAI Smile is intended to serve the market gap between low-cost carriers and full service airlines. The name THAI Smile was chosen from a pool of 2,229 entries in a contest to name the airline.
The table on this section is to be relocated to List of Thai Airways destinations.
THAI Smile Flight Pass
THAI Smile has a partnership with USA based Optiontown to run a prepaid flight subscription platform called Flight Pass, which enables customers to pre-purchase THAI Smile flights to one or more destinations at the best available price and decide when they want to travel at a later date.
As of 31 May 2020, THAI Smile's fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Aircraft||Config||In Service||Orders||Seating Class||Note|
- "Thai Smile focuses on turning around unprofitable Thai Airways routes as new AOC is secured". Centre for Aviation (CAPA). 3 April 2014.
- "THAI to launch new budget airline". Bangkok Post. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- "THAI sister airline launch set for 2012". Bangkok Post. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- "Thai Smile Booking and Destinations". Thai Smile. Retrieved 1 May 2020.
- "Thai Smile Flight Pass". Thaismile.com. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- Airbus Orders and Deliveries (XLS), accessed via "Orders & Deliveries". Airbus. 31 August 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- ""ไทยฮอนด้า" ทุ่ม 100 ล้าน ลุยไทยลีก ตั้งเป้าท็อป 10". Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "สายการบินแรก!ราชบุรีจับมือไทยสมายล์". Retrieved 15 September 2017.
Media related to Thai Smile at Wikimedia Commons