Tegermansu Pass or Tigarman Su Pass (Kotal-e Tegermansu, Chinese: 托克满苏山口) is a closed mountain pass on the border between Afghanistan and China in the Hindu Kush or Pamirs mountain range. It is located between the Tegermansu Valley on the eastern end of the Little Pamir and Chalachigu Valley in Xinjiang, China. Historically, it was one of the three routes between China and Wakhan.
Kyrgyz camp near Tegermansu Pass as captured by Aurel Stein
|Elevation||4,827 metres (15,837 ft)|
|Location||Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan Xinjiang, China|
|Tok Man Su Daban|
|Tigarman Su Pass|
On Chinese side, there is a Chinese border post in the valley below. There have been proposals and plans by Kashgar regional government to open this pass as a port of entry for economic purposes since the 1990s. However, this has yet to happen.
- From map: "NAMES AND BOUNDARY REPRESENTATION ARE NOT NECESSARILY AUTHORITATIVE"
托克满素达坂（阿方图称米赫满育里山口）...克克拉去考勒达坂（阿方图称铁盖满苏山口）[Afghanistan-China Border Agreement] (in Chinese). 1963-11-22 – via
- "Wakhan & the Afghan Pamir - In the footsteps of Marco Polo". Aga Khan Foundation. Jan 2010.
side trip to Tegermansu (3-4 days one way from Chaqmaqtin Lake) and Kotal-e Tegermansu (4872m) on Afghanistan-China border, easternmost area of Little Pamir. Warning: All passes leading into Tajikistan and China are strictly off-limits to foreigners
- Malik, Hasan Yaser (2014). "Geo-political Significance of the Wakhan Corridor for China". Fudan Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences. 7 (2): 307–323. doi:10.1007/s40647-014-0017-z. ISSN 1674-0750.
The narrow Wakhan Strip provides the following three routes -- The third one is the Central Route: linking both the Northern and Southern routes at Wakhan and further leading to China via Tegermansu Pass over a height of 4,827 m.
- "蜀中行："瓦罕走廊"传来重大消息，阿富汗向中国送上大礼！-中华必亮剑天天时事-中华必亮剑个人博客". m.bljcn.com (in Chinese). 2018-08-31. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "新疆对外开放口岸一览表". china.com.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 23 December 2019.
国别:阿富汗 口岸名称:托克满苏 开放时间:未定 说明:规划开放口岸（98年） Country: Afghanistan, Name of port: Tegermansu, Opening date: Undecided, Notes: Planning to open the port (1998)
- 喀什地区发展和改革委员会 (Kashgar Region Development and Reform Committee) (2016-03-17). "喀什地区国民经济和社会发展第十三个五年" [Kashgar Regional Economic and Social Development 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020)]. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
|This Xinjiang location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|